Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning i get a text from a friend of mine who works for the sheriff's office fleet dept as a mechanic. he had a deputy come by and ask him out of the blue if he knew anyone who wanted a cold air intake for a 2011 or 2012 mustang 5.0.

of course i was the first one that came to mind i guess...because i got a text this morning asking me to call him.

he says, "hey, do you want a roush CAI?" my response was "sure, how much?" he says, "how about free?" .....um, DUH... yeah, FREE is for me!

apparently the SO deputy is trading in his car and didn't need the CAI. GREAT for me!!

i looked it up i don't think its an awesome intake but it is better than stock and its free. the specs on it say that its between 8 and 12 HP. not sure if i believe that or not....but where i can tell a difference is in the throttle response, and it sounds much more aggressive.

so anyway, here are some pics of it installed.

sorry it was dark when i took them with my phone.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did your car have a tune?
no, not yet...i read up on it a little, it says that it does not require a tune when added to stock 5.0.

i plan on getting a tune, but cant afford bama tuner quite yet. i have other cosmetic priorities first.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ yeah what he said. lol

·
Registered
380 Posts
Free stuff Rulz!

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
no, not yet...i read up on it a little, it says that it does not require a tune when added to stock 5.0.

i plan on getting a tune, but cant afford bama tuner quite yet. i have other cosmetic priorities first.
Awesome! You cant beat the prize of a Free CAI :). Congratulations on the sweet pick up!

You don't need a tune just yet because that system does reuse the stock MAF location. However, you'll still benefit greatly from a tune! Let me know when you're ready to go after a Bama tuner and I'll make sure you're squared away.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Awesome! You can beat the prize of a Free CAI :). Congratulations on the sweet pick up!

You don't need a tune just yet because that system does refuse the stock MAF location. However, you'll still benefit greatly from a tune! Let me know when you're ready to go after a Bama tuner and I'll make sure you're squared away.

-Dan
Dan, I hope you misstyped some of that. Are you hungover from your end of the world parrty or have you had too much eggnog today?

You can beat the prize of a Free CAI- How?

You don't need a tune just yet because that system does refuse the stock MAF location. Why is it rejecting it? Did it do something wrong?:screwy:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome! You can beat the prize of a Free CAI :). Congratulations on the sweet pick up!

You don't need a tune just yet because that system does refuse the stock MAF location. However, you'll still benefit greatly from a tune! Let me know when you're ready to go after a Bama tuner and I'll make sure you're squared away.

-Dan
I definitely want one but , I must admit I'm a fox body mustang guy at heart, all this tuning stuff is quite new to me. I'm thinking if like to get a few other bolt on stuff before I get the tune (ie. boss intake, exhaust, etc) then get the tune so that I don't have to re tune it a second time.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dan, I hope you misstyped some of that. Are you hungover from your end of the world parrty or have you had too much eggnog today?

You can beat the prize of a Free CAI- How?

You don't need a tune just yet because that system does refuse the stock MAF location. Why is it rejecting it? Did it do something wrong?:screwy:
+1 haha

·
Gas.Clutch.Shift.Repeat.
1,674 Posts
Hell ya! If it's free its for me! If I don't need it, I can sell it and get something I do! I guess I don't really need car parts....Oh wait, yes I do. :)

·
MooShoo Pork
308 Posts
I definitely want one but , I must admit I'm a fox body mustang guy at heart, all this tuning stuff is quite new to me. I'm thinking if like to get a few other bolt on stuff before I get the tune (ie. boss intake, exhaust, etc) then get the tune so that I don't have to re tune it a second time.
You'll need a tune in order to even drive the car with a boss intake and most other bolt-ons. Might as well get one now and then when you add some bolt-ons just get it re-tuned it won't cost you any extra for a new tune if you go with Bama.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You'll need a tune in order to even drive the car with a boss intake and most other bolt-ons. Might as well get one now and then when you add some bolt-ons just get it re-tuned it won't cost you any extra for a new tune if you go with Bama.
oh, i didn't know it didn't cost extra for a new tune. i thought it cost each time you get a tune. good to know. thanks.

so whats the best way to get it, should i just buy it off of the website, or look for a used one online?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Finally put a tune on my 5.0. I rode around for about 5k miles(Not a DD) with the Roush CAI and axleback without a tune. Sounded good, but wasnt a big difference. Got a Bama tune now and WOW what a difference. The throttle response and auto shifting is spot on now. The car is a totally different animal and I drive it a whole lot more now, lol.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I got the roush intake also for free and after a tune 3" off road x-pipe, and tune car made 410 rwhp 396 rwtq! trapped 118 consitiantly

1 - 15 of 15 Posts