Modded Mustang Forums banner

Roush Cobra Coin?

6K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Green99RoushCobra 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! Just bought myself a 2001 Roush Stage II and was playing around with the tool kit that mounts in the trunk and noticed it came with a coin. Sort of like a military challenge coin. The weird bit is that is has a Cobra on the back of the coin. Is this a possible indication I have a mythical Cobra Roush? If you know anything about these cars please comment! Any info is appreciated even if you are just stating I am dead wrong.>:)

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Yes early Roush records are horrible. I have an 02 sonic blue Roush and if you look at the Roush registry they have no records of any Sonic blues being built in 02. I got lucky on my second call to Roush and the guy did some digging and found the records on my car.

#10 ·
I have a 01 Roush. They did make Roush cobras in 03/04.

As far as the coin, I had it in my Roush toolkit too until the Ford mehanic stole it and denied it and of course you couldn't buy another. I wish I still had the coin.

#11 ·
There were supposedly a small handful of roush termis. I've read some places that there were 5 and other places that there were 11. I've seen pictures of at least 4 different ones that were for sale during various times in the past. Three 2004 make year(one black and two silver), and one red 2003. They all basically looked like terminators with a roush body kit, side exhaust, and roush wheels. Roush emblem badges on the fenders and a spelled out roush badge in place of the decklid emblem. The rear bumpers looked like 99/01 Cobra rear bumpers with the roush rear skirts added. It seems they maintained the stock heat extractor hood and the rear decklid spoiler however.

Needless to say, a Roush GT with a 2v isn't a roush cobra.

#14 ·
I didn't fact purchase a 1999 SVT roush Cobra. Was my favorite ride ever. Had unknown that they only made four electric green cobras and 1999 to convertible into hardtops I would have never sold it to a friend for $17,000 in 2006 when it only had 15,000 miles on it. Makes me sick every time I think about it. I was a kid so of course I took off the beautiful aluminum five-spoke wheels and applied these Cobra r's wheels Some interesting parts about it were it did not have the window stickers that you see in their rear windows with his signature in cursive or whatever. Also it came with the tool kit in the trunk that had a coin just like the one you have along with gloves I believe they were white leather gloves the memory serves me correct and of course ranch screwdriver tire pressure tool etc - no telling what it would sell for right now it was in perfect condition when I sold it to a friend who told me he was going to keep it but decided to get married so he sold it for a ring long story anyways it's been nice chatting but there definitely were 1999 cobras produced , you just got to keep in mind that the options on all of them are different so some guy might have one with the chrome wheel package but opted out for something else. We just saw it in the showroom and here I am a 15-year-old kid and my old man I thought he was playing a joke on me and he bought it right there and needless to say getting girls for the next six or seven years was pretty easy lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.