Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of changing my exhaust to the Roush Extreme catback exhaust. Anyone running that exhaust or know someone that is? I youtube it to death, some sound great, some sounds just ok. Need someone with firsthand experience with the sound of this exhaust.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I had that setup on my old o7 gt and it sounded amazing. You wont be disapointed it has a nice deep aggressive sound and no drone at higher rpms. I used to cruise around with the radio off just so I could listen to the sound of that exhaust.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had that setup on my old o7 gt and it sounded amazing. You wont be disapointed it has a nice deep aggressive sound and no drone at higher rpms. I used to cruise around with the radio off just so I could listen to the sound of that exhaust.
Just curious - how was the drone at lower RPMs?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does it sound like a mustang, or glass packy? Don't want that old truck sound.

·
Registered
237 Posts
No drone at all just typically if an exhaust system does drone its at higher rpms.
Hmm. Most of the drone I've heard people speak of with respect to aftermarket exhaust in these cars is in the lower RPM range. I know with the Borla's I once had on, all the drone was in the 2,000-2,500 RPM range. Nothing in the higher RPMs.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Hmm. Most of the drone I've heard people speak of with respect to aftermarket exhaust in these cars is in the lower RPM range. I know with the Borla's I once had on, all the drone was in the 2,000-2,500 RPM range. Nothing in the higher RPMs.
Yup, i get a nice drone around 1800 with my flows lol

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Have you thought about the Magnaflow Magnapacks? Are you ever planning on going with a offroad midpipe? What kind of power plans do you have for the car? I ask because an exhaust set-up might sound great with bolt ons but once you start making more power it might be way too overbearing.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Does it sound like a mustang, or glass packy? Don't want that old truck sound.
I think it sounded just how these cars should sound. It is a bit on the loud side though my wife used to be able to hear me coming from the end of our street, so depends what you are looking for this exhaust sounds great at idle and at WOT I would highly recommend it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like LOUD, but a good loud. I will eventually have Kook's LT's and experiment with the mid-pipes, catted or not. I really liked the sound of the Roush on my 07 F150 FX2 I had, but it was a 5.4 and the exhaust had one muffler split into two tailpipes. Im thinkin Im gonna give it a try. Thanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you want a "general" idea.

My car at idle:

My car dyno pull:

Mind you I have headers and cams so if you put the system on your car, it'll sound slightly different.

Also, the Roush exhaust is pricey. You can go to a local exhaust shop and have them fab pipe up, add resonators and end up with the same result, and chances are it will be cheaper!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts