1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
80 Posts
The link you have is broken but if it is the same Roush grille I have, it will use the adapter (shroud) from the stock black front grille that has the fog lights in it. You pop the adapter off that grille and place the Roush one right in. Be careful though, the Roush grille is metal so it will scratch the hell out of the plastic adapter if you aren't careful.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't fit. The plastic that surrounds the grill of the CS should be the same as the regular GT, except that it's painted to match the car.

·
Registered
80 Posts
When I ordered my CS grille I needed a new adapter for it. When I got the Roush grille I had to use the stock grilles shroud. This was according to the dealership when they installed it and my CS grille was in at the time of the swap.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't see why it wouldn't fit. The plastic that surrounds the grill of the CS should be the same as the regular GT, except that it's painted to match the car.
thats what i thought sent a message to cjpony party and they said it would fit...

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you have the chrome billet grille the adapter or shroud that it sits in is different than the stock shroud. The chrome billet grille has the lip of the grille (portion that sits on top of the bumper) attached to the grille and not the shroud. The stock grille shroud has that lip attached to the shroud (it is one peice with the grille anchored to it).

If you order the chrome billet grille for the V8 you also need to order the GT adapter. I know this first hand since I own this grille and adapter.

If I am mistaken and you are not talking about the chrome billet grille from ford, dissregard my comments. If we are talking about the same grille, you will need the stock shroud to properly mount the Roush upper grille.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have the chrome billet grille the adapter or shroud that it sits in is different than the stock shroud. The chrome billet grille has the lip of the grille (portion that sits on top of the bumper) attached to the grille and not the shroud. The stock grille shroud has that lip attached to the shroud (it is one peice with the grille anchored to it).

If you order the chrome billet grille for the V8 you also need to order the GT adapter. I know this first hand since I own this grille and adapter.

If I am mistaken and you are not talking about the chrome billet grille from ford, dissregard my comments. If we are talking about the same grille, you will need the stock shroud to properly mount the Roush upper grille.
here is my front end...

·
Registered
80 Posts
That is also known as the Chrome billet grille. If you look at your grille the lip is almost flush with the bumper and it is wider, look at an installed Roush grille and you will see the shroud is thicker all the way arround.

Tell CJ pony parts you have the GT adapter on your grille and not the stock shroud and see what they say. They are probably assuming you have the stock grille or do not know there is a difference.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is also known as the Chrome billet grille. If you look at your grille the lip is almost flush with the bumper and it is wider, look at an installed Roush grille and you will see the shroud is thicker all the way arround.

Tell CJ pony parts you have the GT adapter on your grille and not the stock shroud and see what they say. They are probably assuming you have the stock grille or do not know there is a difference.
what part would i need to order to make it fit?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Go to fordparts.com, under 2011 ford mustang gt. Select body, then grille, it's Ford Part #8419 Grille Moulding. The Roush grille will fit in that properly

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
80 Posts