Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find a set of replacement rear rotors for the Alcon 13-inch rear brake kit for the 99-04 Roush Mustangs?

I'd really not to pay the exorbitant prices on the Roush website. ( ROUSH Performance: ROUSH® Ford Mustang RH Rear Brake Rotor ) $415 EACH !?

I was hoping perhaps Baer, Brembo, or Powerslot made a replacement, but I can't find anything. Is there anything out there?

Thanks for your time!

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Just get the Ford Cobra/Bullit brake upgrade.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't really seen a replacement rotor for the Alcons.. Perhaps you can try Stage3Motorsports.. Also, visit FNSWEET.com and post the question as its a large Roush web site with awesome information.. Good luck..

·
Registered
978 Posts
have you checked ebay??

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
the rear cobra brakes are only 11.65"

i know the baer brakes have 13's in the back.. you might be able to pick up some of those rotors without spending an arm and a leg!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And the Baer rotors are unvented. The Roush rotors are. Think of the Baers as a 13" version of the stock GT rotors, while the ROUSH are the 13" version of the cobra rotors.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Only one of us needs an attitude adjustment. Read my thread title. Read my first post. I'm looking for REAR ROTORS, 13INCH, by ROUSH. Not a kit, because I already have it.

You came in here and posted that I should buy a rear cobra kit. That wasn't helpful at all. Why would I downgrade my existing brake package? So how about you don't post if you're not going to post anything of use?

hollagraphik, thanks for that. I had actually found that listing, but they were listed as front rotors. I made contact with the company and they've since changed the description. If I can't find any other replacements, i'll go with them.

The rear rotors are in stock. I changed the listing on those. Im not sure
why it list fronts,

Stage 3 Motorsports 1999-04 Mustang GT Roush Left Hand Alcon Rear Brake Rotor

Stage 3 Motorsports 1999-04 Mustang GT Roush Right Hand Alcon Rear Brake Rotor

Thanks,
Bill Lindsay
Stage3Motorsports.com
1-877-5-STAGE3

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
oh ****

·
Registered
291 Posts
hummmmmm im pretty sure you wouldnt be "downgrading" dude.....sorry but just because your **** says "roush" doesnt mean a hole lot of nothing. you paid out of the ass for something we have stock as well, you see these front rotors??? stock bish, only thing done to em was i had a mechinest i know drill/slot them for me for free.

YES, they are 13". YES, they will work on your ****. YES, they are the same quality. YES, they are "vented" just like your roush ones.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
This must be the worst Mustang forum I've ever been on. I suppose members here are just incapable of reading.

2001bullittgt
You have 13" IN THE FRONT. 11.65" in the rear. So NO, they are NOT 13". NO, they will NOT work on my ****. NO, they are NOT the same quality. NO, they are NOT just like my roush ones.

just unbelievable. Thanks 1BAD360R, B0B, and hollagraphik for actually contributing, either advice or actual links.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Does anyone know where I can find a set of replacement rear rotors for the Alcon 13-inch rear brake kit for the 99-04 Roush Mustangs?

I'd really not to pay the exorbitant prices on the Roush website. ( ROUSH Performance: ROUSH® Ford Mustang RH Rear Brake Rotor ) $415 EACH !?

I was hoping perhaps Baer, Brembo, or Powerslot made a replacement, but I can't find anything. Is there anything out there?

Thanks for your time!
Roush went through a lot of time and expence to do that brake set up .Its not likely they are going to let another company copy there stuff. BITE THE BULLET.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
99 BLUE V6, I know ROUSH outsourced their parts for their 13" front brake system, which was essentially the Cobra brake system. I was hoping that they'd outsourced for this one also.

This package consists of a 14" front rotor with a 4-piston Alcon fixed caliper, and a 13" rear rotor that uses Cobra pads in the stock caliper, with brackets that moved it outboard.

I was hoping someone knew of a site that sold Alcon rotors, or if Alcon simply used an existing rotor off another model. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to find the answer here, but thanks for your input. I really do appreciate that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts