Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
weight is not near as much of a factor when its already moving.... it doesnt matter what bike it is... it loses its advantage when racing from a roll. granted.. the zx14 is still a fast bike. i was just stating the truth about how some cars hang with bikes. its because people think of bikes as 200mph machines and how they can do wheelies at 100mph. but they dont think about the physics of it... and at a certain hp, a car will overcome the difference in the power to weight ratio of a motorcycle.
I don't know what kind of bike you have but trust me the dig is not every bikes strong point. There is a 190whp zx10r in my garage right now and you cant lay into the throttle all the way until triple digits. Then it pulls just fine clear though 180 like its nothing. The only way a car making south of 800hp will hang with that bike is from a dig, and only up until the bike can lay into it.

This can easily be seen in 1/4 mile times, this guy was getting upper 9s at mid 140s mph, best run was
60-ft 1.713 second
1/8-mile 6.447 @ 117.39 mph
1/4- mile 9.783 @ 147.04 mph

Now compare that to a 9 second mustang with a close et
60-ft 1.438 second
1/8-mile 6.239 @ 110.72 mph
1/4- mile 9.789 @ 137.93 mph

Also ill add that that with 3.73s that car probably isnt going strong past 150 (~7000rpms) while a zx14 is still doing just fine.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Don't forget a motorcycle is an aerodynamic atrocity. Even the 14R, ostensibly designed for high speeds, will have greater drag than many more slippery cars. Even the reduced frontal area of a bike can't save it from itself. When I did LSR on my stock height, stock bodywork 14R, having my head an inch higher or a knee an inch further out could easily cut 10-20 mph off a 1/2 mile speed run. At those speeds, even small aero issues can have significant effects. Under 120 mph, aero makes almost no difference but, over that, it starts exponentially increasing it's impact.

That said, the Mustang is FAR from the slipperiest car out there. It needs massive brute force to push this barn door to 200 mph.

I should mention my friend's stock motor 14R, stock weight with a ~200 pound rider. High 8s in the 1/4, from a dig. Mods are tune, single sided full exhaust, airshifter, extensions, lowered and drag radial. So, a car still needs to work at it and be a hell of a potent vehicle to take on a prepared mc from a dig, too.

Comparing that bike to my stock height tune only 14R and I've yet to see a 9 on it and it isn't for lack of trying.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Don't forget a motorcycle is an aerodynamic atrocity. Even the 14R, ostensibly designed for high speeds, will have greater drag than many more slippery cars. Even the reduced frontal area of a bike can't save it from itself. When I did LSR on my stock height, stock bodywork 14R, having my head an inch higher or a knee an inch further out could easily cut 10-20 mph off a 1/2 mile speed run. At those speeds, even small aero issues can have significant effects. Under 120 mph, aero makes almost no difference but, over that, it starts exponentially increasing it's impact.

That said, the Mustang is FAR from the slipperiest car out there. It needs massive brute force to push this barn door to 200 mph.

I should mention my friend's stock motor 14R, stock weight with a ~200 pound rider. High 8s in the 1/4, from a dig. Mods are tune, single sided full exhaust, airshifter, extensions, lowered and drag radial. So, a car still needs to work at it and be a hell of a potent vehicle to take on a prepared mc from a dig, too.

Comparing that bike to my stock height tune only 14R and I've yet to see a 9 on it and it isn't for lack of trying.
Nearly 5 and a half years m8. 5 and a half years.

There are people who were ****ing during the last post in this thread, they had the baby, raised it and now the kid is riding motorcycles himself.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well, it was a fun conversation while it lasted. :)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts