Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a supercharged GT 386 rwhp.. Im going to sell it this fall and get my dream car the terminator. My debate is wether I should go ahead and spend 25,000 dollars on one that already has the mods and making 550+ hp or should I find one thats babied and untampered with (stock) for about 17-19,000?? If I get one that's stock how much money would I have to spend in it to get good HP numbers with out switching from the factory eaton S/C. And wuts about the average HP u can get outta one with just bolt ons with out going to a Kenne Bell or Whipple. Thanks

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
buy a stock one and take pride it building one yourself

Reactions: SON1C

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
buy a stock one and take pride it building one yourself
Yea I feel you.. but I was kinda hoping for some averages in prices and hp numbers.. with out going the big whop of buying a Kenne Bell..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bolt ons and pulley expect to be in the 450rwhp range port the eaton and hit around 500rwhp. Anything more I believe starts to get a little expensive and I'm not sure on the costs of a good port job.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
get a Whipple

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks. also I realize the terminator has a forged motor already.. so if u bolt on a whipple or kenne belle.. wuts the most HP that motor can handle? I know on my GT it don't go to much further then like 410-420 to be safe.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
ok thanks. also I realize the terminator has a forged motor already.. so if u bolt on a whipple or kenne belle.. wuts the most HP that motor can handle? I know on my GT it don't go to much further then like 410-420 to be safe.
03/04 Cobra motor will handle 600-700 rwhp no problem, and even more with supporting mods and turbos. If you address the fuel system and run a good tune with a whipple you will easily be over 575-600 rwhp. Keep in mind it's taking basically 70-100 hp to drive the supercharger at that point plus 600 rwhp is 700 flywheel hp...

get a Whipple
+1, Whipples are awesome for making huge power with minimal modification. (MAF, BAP, Injectors) I actually just landed a full time summer day job (along with working some nights) so it looks like I'll have one in no time! :)

2 steps

Call me
Buy mine

Hahaha damn dude how long have you had yours for sale now? No bites???

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
^ sexy cobra too! go for it

·
Registered
50 Posts
Get a modded one. 20k will get you a 600 HP beast that you will love long time.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Definatly get the stock one. I am in the maket for a termi now too and in stock form the abuse can be handled by the motor better. If you buy one thats modded and tuned on the edge and ragged then better chance for problems. Get a stock one and do it the way you want it's your dream car it should be done by you and how you want it. It doesnt matter how long it takes me I am only buying a specific one and doing it a specific way.

·
Sarcastic Sally
3,352 Posts
In a covered car trailer....Runs about $550-600
Thats actually not as bad as I thought it was gonna be, I was planning on shipping my '54 International Harvester down here to San Dog from New London, IA and was thinkin it was gonna be like $1300...:eek:

But to the OP, I would def. go the stock Cobra route, there is a much better chance of it not being beaten to hell and ragged on, compared to somebody that has modded it and uses it for the beast it is...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good luck finding a stock one that hasn't just been converted back. At least with a modded one you can identify areas that need to be upgraded to match everything else. I have seen a lot of guys trying to figure out WTF is going on with some partial mod that was ripped out but some bits remain. Not everyone puts the stock stuff back as carefully as the mods they installed for 600 - 700 hp.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
get a modded 1. you will save alot of money because once you get it, you wont be happy knowing how easy it is to add alot of power. im there now buying all of these mods, wish id bought a whippled one lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
No matter where you start out with it you will want mods. If you start with most of the EXPENSIVE ones you will save $ and then you can mod from there. That is what I did and as this is my 8th high perf muscle type car and first bought highly modded I finally learned that lesson. I am at 600hp which is enough for now and I can do appearance mods for a while and still be happy with the car. Depends upon your personality though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts