Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I don't wan to start a whole transmission fluid debate. But, I just wanted to put it out there that Royal Purple Synchromax works well with our the tremec 3650. It reduced transmission noise by 90% and shifts are very smooth. It feels like a brand new car.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Hey guys. I don't wan to start a whole transmission fluid debate. But, I just wanted to put it out there that Royal Purple Synchromax works well with our the tremec 3650. It reduced transmission noise by 90% and shifts are very smooth. It feels like a brand new car.
Until the additives in the RP eat away at the friction lining of the blocker rings

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I used it almost 6 months ago and am yet to have an issue. It helped my tranny out a lot

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Until the additives in the RP eat away at the friction lining of the blocker rings
I emialed both Tremec and Royal Purple bout this. While tremec said the dont test every oil since its just not possible they said it wouldnt be an issue. Royal Purple said out right it will not cause any issues. They also mentioned that Tremec is a likely common application due to their wide use in the industry.

I know this is a serious issue so if you have any real evidence please share it. It seems however that issue like this are usually mostly he said she said.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I emialed both Tremec and Royal Purple bout this. While tremec said the dont test every oil since its just not possible they said it wouldnt be an issue. Royal Purple said out right it will not cause any issues. They also mentioned that Tremec is a likely common application due to their wide use in the industry.

I know this is a serious issue so if you have any real evidence please share it. It seems however that issue like this are usually mostly he said she said.
From a previous thread
when I talked to Tremec last week, they said not to use the Royal Purple synchromesh, but to use the Penzoil synchromesh. He said the Royal Purple ruins the synchros
And that is what caused my trans to fail. It literally ate the friction lining of my stock 3650 off the blocker rings. The TSB blocker rings it probably wouldnt do since they are carbon but on my stock one, it did

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
another one

sorry for not responding to this thread for a while, just to clear a few things up, the information i posted came straight from tremec, who designed and is constantly testing on the 3650. Later research they did proved that the transmition works BEST with the synchromesh style fluid. they only thing they specifically said not to use was royal purple, but honestly i would just go with the synchromesh. I know for a fact that works. As for 3.0L instead of 3.2, idk for sure, but since an additional amount made such a large difference, i would suggest sticking to the 3.2L

·
8,720 Posts
This is the email I received directly from Royal Purple.

Royal Purple said:
Good Morning Greg,

I understand your concern. However, we formulated Royal Purple Synchromax specifically for manual transmissions and transfer cases that specify a light fluid viscosity fluid, like an ATF. There are no additives or components that are harmful to your Tremec. In fact, Tremec transmissions are likely the most common application for Synchromax because they have been installed in so many American cars and trucks. You are good to go long term, and you have already experienced the immediate performance improvement. J

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks for choosing Royal Purple and have a great day!

Best Regards,

Christopher Barker
Tech Services
Royal Purple, Inc.
1 Royal Purple Ln.
Porter, TX 77365
281-354-8600

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
unless they changed something in there fluid and made them better now, they use to tear the lining out just like it did to mine

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
This is the email I received directly from Royal Purple.
Rep'd for the info even though it is no longer useful to me, it may be useful to others

·
8,720 Posts
Rep'd for the info even though it is no longer useful to me, it may be useful to others
Thanks. I mean companies do constantly work to improve their products. Issues that would be fairly easy to fix in the realm of things. As an engineer i like to have some hard facts oppose to what ifs.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Thanks. I mean companies do constantly work to improve their products. Issues that would be fairly easy to fix in the realm of things. As an engineer i like to have some hard facts oppose to what ifs.
ooohhhh your one of those people :p jk man :D

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I should have had it in my trans for 4 years now. When I had a shop do my longtubes they were to put the RP Synchromax in the trans that I provided them. Honestly, I did not notice a difference. Trans perfomed the same way it did before, not that it was bad. Maybe they didn't change the fluid and just kept the bottles. I'll be putting 3.3 qts of Pennzoil Synchromesh in this weekend and will see if there is an improvement.

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
I have synthetic mobil 1 fluid right now, and it doesnt want to go into gear. I will be changing to 3.2 qts of Pennzoil Synchromesh as well tomorrow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts