Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Quick Question- When shiffting to 5th from 4th in wot with NOS. The RPMs Hold at about 5000 then all of a sudden drop to about 3500 to 4000 then slowly build up again. Anyone have a Suggestion.

·
Registered
468 Posts
5th is overdrive and isnt going to pull like the other gears...its pointless to stay on it after 4th especially if ur racing someone pretty much anything will pull u while ur in 5th...ive had so many kids claim to beat me because they kept going after i shifted to fifth when i was 3 cars ahead of them in fourth

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,102 Posts
It should pull alright on the bottle. The nitrous will provide the lower RPM torque to get the speed back up. On a blower car, the drop in RPM just kills the boost.

·
Registered
37 Posts
you can always get a T-56 tranny breaks the gears up better.It makes it so you don't bog 5th and if you got the hp 5th will take you to about 160 before you start to redline the motor

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
What about with a steeper gear? I don't do much racing infact I haven't ever had my car on the track yet. With my 4.10 does that help me or hurt me? If it doesn't help than how much are we talking for a T-56 swap?

·
Registered
259 Posts
the 4.10s could be hurting or helping i guess, as far as the whole 4th to 5th thing is concerned anyway... 4.10s are obviously good overall, thats y everyone has em lol, but if you're revving out 4th at the end of the 1/4 mile its because your 4.10s have shortened your gears basicly. if u had stock gears u might still have several hundred RPM's left in 4th at the end of a quarter mile run. anybody feel free to correct me if im wrong, lol, im no expert

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,102 Posts
the 4.10s could be hurting or helping i guess, as far as the whole 4th to 5th thing is concerned anyway... 4.10s are obviously good overall, thats y everyone has em lol, but if you're revving out 4th at the end of the 1/4 mile its because your 4.10s have shortened your gears basicly. if u had stock gears u might still have several hundred RPM's left in 4th at the end of a quarter mile run. anybody feel free to correct me if im wrong, lol, im no expert
If that is the case, just run 28" tires at the track.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts