Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok well I noticed today that my 05 GTs RPM flucuates sometimes while I'm idle. Typically I idle at around 750 RPM, but sometimes it will jump up to 1000 RPM (not touching clutch, gas, etc when this happens).

Is this normal? It's my first car/Mustang and not to sure. If it isn't normal, is it much of a problem.

::Edit:: Oh and I got no mods, only flow master mufflers (seems like old owner put these on).

·
Registered
101 Posts
It isn't necessarily a problem at all, but if it bothers you, you may take a look at the throttle body. Mine was surging pretty bad at idle and all that was making it happen was a little gunk and sand that somehow made it into the blades. In less than 30 minutes from start to finish the grime was removed and the idle was solid.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If ur temperature controls are set to defrost the windshield, your AC system will cycle to strip the moisture out of the air before it is directed to the windshield to prevent fogging. with the weather being what it has been, im assuming you had the defrost on at one point.

·
Registered
92 Posts
mine does the same thing untill its warmed up

·
Registered
644 Posts
Mine does that when I have the AC or the defrost on. I'm thinking its normal.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
I think All cars do that... at least my old car did it everytime the A/C compressor came on... same way with the stang

1 - 8 of 8 Posts