Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is to everone on this site that warned me about RPM Outlet,The problem is I got the warnings too late.My first experience with them was good,I got my CAI,and tuner with no problems.I ordered a Hurst shifter from them on 01/31/08....still hav'nt received it,talk to customer service yesterday,and they could not give an answer on the status,asked them what to do now,and I was told to go back to the website,and cancel my order...Did that....So!!! just a warning to anybody else new to the site "Buyer Beware"....Thanks everyone...Now I get all my parts through my Tuner....:cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I never had a problem with them. I've order over $5,000.00 worth of parts.
Also used Summit Racing. and others.
But I'm going to use Brenspeed since they are closer to me and their customer service is first rate.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
yeah everyone gets screwed by rpmoutlet. seems that their low prices are just to enticing. it's good to know that summit will price match though. i didn't know that and i'm sure not many others knew it either.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
you can have my hurst shifter. car is at the shop now getting all my new mods put on and while i was there today dropping it off i told him **** it throw on a pro 5.0. Im tired of the rattle.

FRPP and hurst kinda pissed me off for the first time with that shifter. 3 months now and they are still telling me they dont have new ones in.

Its probably not rpm its probably hurst, damn things are on back order more often then not.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
maybe, but it's rpm's horrid customer service that will not tell you that they are on back order and you'll be wondering why you never receive your part.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
And another check on the list of bad experinces with RPM Outlet. Just stay away from them I order everrything from Summit Jegs or Late model restoration. They got everything ive needed so far and they are great companys

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
thanks for the 411.... thats why this is a great place to be!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've ben tempted to make a purchase from these guys but after seeing what this thread has to say, I'm out.
Thanks for sharing everybody!

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
07 why not just go with an MGW?
That was my plan. I was gonna order an mgw soon and put it on. But he had the pro 5.0 in his showroom and i was talking to him about it. he said he would give it to me for 250.00 which is cheaper then what i see them for online. the only thing the mgw has that this shifter doesnt is an adjustable throw. didnt want to still hear that rattle when i pick my car up with all this new stuff on it.

guess ill be the founder of the pro5.0 crew on here.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts