Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Stang has this weird vibration at like 1,600 and 3,200 rpm when I first start it up. This happens when the car is both warm and cold, free revving, and under load. You can feel this vibration throughout the entire car at these two RPMs. But after about a minute of driving the vibration will go away. I looked it up and there seems to have been a recall with the S197s doing this, but nothing about our cars. Any idea?

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
The recall on the S197 was a vibration with noise coming from the trans crossmember. Not familiar with one on New Edge..... Just a question here, but do you have piggy back underdrive pulleys?

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Just a hunch, but an incorrect hunch. Need more info as I'm fresh out of random ass guesses at this point.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's really not much more info to give. There's a vibration that can be felt throughout the car at these two RPMs (more so at 1,600 rpm). It feels like it's a harmonic issue, but the vibration will go away after a minute or two driving. It's very weird.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
That's why I asked about the piggybacks...... the modular motor is internally balanced and can be run without a balancer. Piggybacks seem to cause vibration in my experience, but so could a failing balancer as it wobbles. However, I see it highly unlikely that the balancer is the culprit since the problem comes and goes.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly what I was thinking. I was hoping there was someone else that has had this happen to them or currently has this happening to them that could shine some light on the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts