Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question but i figured I would ask the pros...Im saving up to put a set of gt40X aluminums on the stang. I was told that once i put a set of heads on that it extends my rpm range? Like i would shift later than I normally would have stock. Is there any truth to this?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And if i get assembled heads will they be direct bolt on?

·
Resident Headbanger
2,421 Posts
A pair of high-flowing heads will yield substantial torque gains at higher rpm, effectively extending the powerband because of better high rpm breathing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can rev a stock motor as high as a modified one with heads/intake/cam..you just will not get the same results:woot. What the better flowing heads will get you is more overall power, but at a slightly higher rpm. Torque will be extended as well and that is why you will most like have to change your shift strategy (especially in drag racing). The trick is getting as much power as you want within the rpm capabilities of your motor (or at least right before you experience valve float:stickpoke (different springs may help you to be more stable in this area though).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts