Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I've had a problem that seems more annoying than anything. Damn gremlins. When I'm driving then press the clutch to disengage it, instead of going back to idle like it used to, it just slowly drops instead. Clutch problem? Also, the clutch just started squeaking.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hell yeah. That's going to turn into 2-3 mpgs I'm losing and I already get 18-19 as it is lol

·
Registered
417 Posts
If the clutch is disengaging properly, I would say that your IAC is hanging. I believe there is a mod where you can make the hole in the gasket smaller and it will drop back to idle quicker.

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just took my IAC off and it doesn't seem I have a gasket in between it and the throttle body.. There doesn't look like there's a space for it.

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cleaned it a little, then put it back on.

***Oh and I forgot to mention that it was doing it when I was idling in Neutral. Id step on the gas and tach it up, then let off and it didn't drop immediately.

AND this started happening after my positive terminal of my battery wiggled itself loose and was unhooked for about an hour without me knowing. So I may have reset my ECU? Would that reset my tune as well?

·
Registered
417 Posts
There is supposed to be a gasket that goes on that IAC and if it's missing, that is your problem.

·
WOT Junkie
1,163 Posts
Sounds like a vacuum leak, OP. Check all of your vacuum hoses and connections. What do your fuel trims look like, if you have access to that info via OBD II scanner? There should be a thin gasket between the IAC and the intake elbow.

This actually kinda applies to everyone so far. Do some maintenance. Shitty gas mileage can be fixed quite simply.

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I don't expect anything better with the setup I have. A 5.4 with 4.10 gears isn't a Honda lol. But anyways, I took her out for a good drive this morning and the rpm problem seemed to go away once it warmed up. And I have a gauge hooked that once measured boost from the supercharger now hooked up to a vac line since the supercharger was taken off and I watched it and it seems I have good pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts