Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the RTR exhaust on my 2013 mustang gt premium. This exhaust does not seem to be very popular and I believe it's due to it's price point...I did not pay the 626.00 that is the MSRP, I paid 501.27, from stage3 which had them on sale for 539.00 and I got to use the 7% off black Friday sale. I was prepared to pay the 626.00, because of the tech. that went into the design and that it is ceramic coated black, which I LOVE!!! I despise chrome and shiny stuff on cars and do everything I can to get rid of it (please don't be sensitive and if you love chrome and shiny stuff, that is awesome and I 100% respect that...it's just my personal feelings). I was thinking of going with roush axle backs and having them ceramic coated black...but that would have cost almost as much as the original msrp of the magnaflows...

Also from the very limited sound clips I heard, I really like the RTR...my last car has LT's with no cats, an x-pipe and a loud exhaust...it was way to much...so I wanted something that was noticeable, but not loud and I really, really liked the sound clips I heard...SO, I pulled the trigger on them and they were installed 2 days ago.

To clear a few things up, it is 100% magnaflow built but designed in conjunction with RTR...It has some great tech behind it...

Initial Thoughts from unboxing:
- Very well put together and designed and super high quality, for sure lives up to the steep price.
- The tips are not just round pieces of metal, they have thickness to them, very nice looking.
- Welds are superclean
- Coating is applied very well
-They are much, much smaller then the stock exhaust, I mean WAY smaller.
-Due to the size, they seem to be way lighter, its gotta save 10lbs each (which wont matter a ton, but sure is a great bonus)

Install:
- I was a bit disappointed by this, as it takes a ton of muscle work to get them lined up and the hangers back into place.
- The open sphere of the ball pipe that hooks up to the factory exhaust is very small and barely has no gap, it could very well be made bigger, which would be a plus
- once all buttoned up, they are fairly centered but ride a bit high almost rubbing the bumper at the top of the exhaust cut out (i'm still keeping my eye on it)

Installed:
- IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's one of the best looking exhaust out there, I love the black look!!!!!!!!
- The sound is even better, it's super low and grumbles and you know it's there, but it's not in YOUR face kind of sound, which I wanted! (if you want batsh!t loud, this is not your exhaust)

I will get sound clips up and some pics up as well, once it gets nicer outside (rainy and cold right now)...if someone is wanting something different then the run of the mill exhaust and willing to understand the price point of it, this is the exhaust for you!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
Hmm. Interested to see pics and video. I had this axleback in mind when I was in the market, but I didn't want to take a chance due to lack of sound clips out there

·
Behold the black horse...
847 Posts
:pics

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
you think THAT exhaust was hard to get into the hangers.... try the gt500's! Cant wait to see some clips.

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
Pretty good wrote up but please post up some nice pics so we can all see how good it looks

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
you think THAT exhaust was hard to get into the hangers.... try the gt500's! Cant wait to see some clips.
Oh... I had never thought about the hangers being different on axle backs. But +1 on that. I have done 5 exhaust systems (anything from turbo back to cat back) and never had any of them take as long as the GT500s. I probably spent 1:20 minutes getting those ****ers in there.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh... I had never thought about the hangers being different on axle backs. But +1 on that. I have done 5 exhaust systems (anything from turbo back to cat back) and never had any of them take as long as the GT500s. I probably spent 1:20 minutes getting those ****ers in there.
it seems i took a different approach...i just unbolted the hangers from the body, swapped them onto the mufflers and then bolted them back up to car...

·
Behold the black horse...
847 Posts
:exactly
it seems i took a different approach...i just unbolted the hangers from the body, swapped them onto the mufflers and then bolted them back up to car...

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts

That is smart. Why didn't I think of that lol

·
Registered
603 Posts
:pics

1 - 14 of 14 Posts