Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It's here

RTR logo is preinstalled but removeable. Its a reflective grey vinyl.

The panel itself is hard plastic only a few mm thick with 3m tape to install on the back.

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
Yep, it will work with the 2010+ cars.

The RTR decal is removable according to the people I talked to on the phone. I will have mine on Thursday so I can take some pre-install photos and upload them.
Im glad to hear the RTR symbol is removable.. The other one was just too gaudy with the huge RTR letter across the back. Is it just stuck on with double side tape?

I'm interested in this on my '13 without the RTR lettering.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Im glad to hear the RTR symbol is removable.. The other one was just too gaudy with the huge RTR letter across the back. Please post pics once you have it..

I'm interested in this on my '13 without the RTR lettering.

Ill be doing a big photoshoot. I'm installing the RTR rear and GT500 wing tonight.

I'll snap some quick garage pics and then do a photoshoot this weekend. I can photoshop off hte RTR decal so you can see what it looks like!

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
I'm interested to know how you are going to deal with the bump in the trunk lid. It's not flat undrer the faux peice.

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
Ill be doing a big photoshoot. I'm installing the RTR rear and GT500 wing tonight.

I'll snap some quick garage pics and then do a photoshoot this weekend. I can photoshop off hte RTR decal so you can see what it looks like!
Thanks can't wait to see pics.. let us know how the install goes.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm interested to know how you are going to deal with the bump in the trunk lid. It's not flat undrer the faux peice.
I know

This part is hard plastic. It has plastic "risers" on the back where the 3M is mounted to get it above the ridge. The edges curl bback ever so sligthly to give a flush set.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Could use an air saw. If you don't have one, swing by my shop. I'll take care of it!
I wish I could man.

I have a buddy looking for a hole saw or air tool we can use at his garage. If it doesn't get installed this weekend it might be a while before I get around to it.

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
I wish I could man.

I have a buddy looking for a hole saw or air tool we can use at his garage. If it doesn't get installed this weekend it might be a while before I get around to it.
Can you post up a picture of what needs to be removed or cut off to make it fit? Also pic of rear decklid without the cover on.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Talked to Lowes today and they have a 5" hole saw. So I'm going to go out there and get it. My buddy is going to let me use his body shop tonight so we can do it right. It certainly could be done at home but I'll feel much more comfortable with him there just incase.

Subbed. Wanna see how this comes out. Curious as to how it would look on my striped car because it would go over the stripes...
I think it would look really good, man if you did it with the stripes on this panel too it would look sick on your car :naughty:

Looks like something is missing without it.
It is, the ugly gas cap. :bubba:

I know my opinion doesn't matter in this section, but I have to say that I like it. Good luck!
Thanks man, your opinion matters when its a positive opinion. :lol

Can you post up a picture of what needs to be removed or cut off to make it fit? Also pic of rear decklid without the cover on.
Yep, I'll upload them shortly. Ill take step by step photos as we install as well.

·
Registered
341 Posts
do you need to cut into thr body the trunk on the 2013's? since that what is made for or does it not matter?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

21 - 40 of 88 Posts