Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well im planning to get my saleen tuned with some bigger 42lb injectors soon but was worried if id need to change my fueling system to suit? I have a 66mm chicane pulley on my saleen series 1 charger and aiming for 340-360rwhp.

Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Do you have enough fuel pump? Why are you changing the injectors? What injectors does it currently have?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well now ive got a smaller pulley and better exhaust etc i thought with a tune and bigger injectors would be needed so im told by jdm. not sure what fuel system the saleen has.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I once looked at Saleen superchargers. Their kit had the minimum size injectors. To run a smaller pulley the retailer told me I'd have to upgrade the injectors as well. Depending on which fuel pump you are runnng now, you may need a BAP. If you have an SVT Focus pump then you might be OK.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well ive been running the smaller pulley for about 8 months now with no tune. Been told thats fine on the 30 lb injectors (red) but i would be at my upper limits before a tune. I was told to tune the car and get its maximum potential id need larger injectors. Hence why ive gone for the 42 lb Bosch ones (green).

So you think a Boost A Pump may help? Not sure what fuel pumps a saleen runs. Anyway of finding out?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
If you are only shooting for 360rwhp 30lb injectors would've been fine. 42's are good to low 500's. Call Saleen about the fuel pump. With that built motor you need a better power adder. The 42s will allow for future growth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts