Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well when i put my new CAI on i burnt one of the wires and it was arching off the header so i changed the wires and bought an msd balster 3 coil when i switched my valve covers and put the spacer on... well i forgot to plug in the throttle position sensor.. so it idled fine but it didnt rev for ****... thats what u saw in the video.. well i figured that out pluged it in and it started running better i drove it and it still wasnt driving very well,so i turned the fuel pressure down to 30 (idleing) and it runs better i can stomp on it and it wont chug and pop but it takes a few seconds before i feel any desent power.. but i havent gotten it tuned yet so i am confidant once they shorten the injector pulse and turn the fuel pressure back up that it will run like a raped ape :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
good sshit, job well done

·
Registered
146 Posts
what size fuel pump is in the car. my car would act like that with the 30 pound injectors but i change to a 255 pump and the problem went away

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what size fuel pump is in the car. my car would act like that with the 30 pound injectors but i change to a 255 pump and the problem went away
i have a walbro 255lph fuel pump in it..the reason your problem went away is cause u had 30 lb injectors... the stock computer can only handle 30 lb injectors.. i have 38lb injectors so i have to get it chipped and tuned to shorten the injector pulse.. i have sutch large injectors its pretty much dumping fuel into it and i cant turn the fuel pressure down too much or i will lose my spray pattern and i might lean it out too much and cause detonation..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts