Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually when I'm driving normally and may get on it just a tad, there's no smoke, no nothing. But when I really floor it and I am in the 4000rpm passing a car or what not, I see this puff of white smoke. When I get off the gas, it goes away and no smoke or nothing again. Hence, it doesen't knock or ping or do anything.

What up wit dat?

Also I have hit up craiglist, ebay(which is to damn much) and even looked locally and I can't find a good 351w for jack crap. Where is a good place to look for a 351w? I am about to check racingjunk.com now.

Thanks

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah a much cheaper rebuildable, turnkey motor in the $400 - $500.00 range. I rather build it myself. Like I just said, ebay, way to much. If I can get a motor, I can rebuild it and even have it punched .40 over, cleaned and pistons for $500. I have a cam awaiting a 351. Also it's not when I smash the gas, it actually make a very little chatter noise when shifting. It's like it chatters when I let off the gas, shift and get back on the throttle really hard is when you hear the chatter. I beelive the guy didn't know what he was doing. Imma buy another clutch just because I don't want to go behind someone elses half ass work.

·
Registered
81 Posts
you sure its white and not a darker grey? white indicates water/coolant in the combustion chamber or exhaust. pull your dip stick and check the oil if it looks like a milk shake you gotta replace your head gaskets or worse you got a cracked head or block.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it's white smoke. I did the upper gaskets which helped a bunch so I still have the lower gaskets from the kit so I will be on that soon. At the same time, imma take it for a test drive here in a minute to see if I still get smoke when I punch it. I took the timing back some.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts