Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 99 mustang 35th edition 5 speed convertible with a full rebuild from the oil pan up. Got larger throttle body with JLT CAI , bbk MAF to match the 17- 18 fuel injectors by accel ,msd coils and nvm iridium’s , new egr and all sensors and solenoids around , long tube headers by bbl , bbk catted X-pipe , with borla mufflers , stage 2 comp cams with all the little extra sh** for fitment , after market timing kit for the cams, 2 step msd , rev x tuner with brenspeed tunes. Theirs more can’t remember but bought it in the summer bone stock started up fine till the winter came along it struggled to stay on bone stock so after few months rebuilt I’m in November 2021 thought it would stop had to hold the accelerator a bit to warm up and it was fine once warm . Problem fixed Nope keeps dying in the cold but not as bad after all the new parts and did a smoke test recently to see if hopefully it was a fixable leak but no leaks so now I’m stuck I have seen drops just the other day of water in the xpipe in the middle where it connects to the Borla mufflers could just that simple leak cause that hesitation to start? I’m honestly lost at this point my tuner only reads lean in bank 1 and 2/ I think it also says readiness monitor incomplete and I don’t remember if I did change the O2 sensors as well . 160k it got rebuilt now it’s I think 165k

·
Super Moderator
4,777 Posts
Just the lean code in bank 1 and bank 2 and the readiness not complete . I don’t remember off the top my head the actual code. I’m on the road cause I’m a truck driver . Why’s that MAF bad ?
A couple reasons. First off, oem is best unless you’re making more than 450 hp. Bbk products are not the best. And is that one of those calibrated maf’s? That’s a myth used in the fox days. It doesn’t calibrate anything. If you’re getting a lean code for both banks my guess would be a huge vacuum leak or maf related issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts