Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 99 GT will randomly start running like **** and feel like its really jumpy and jittery. it throws up factory fuel air, left bank lean, and misfire fails. its slowly getting worse but some times it clears out and runs great for a week then it sbaps back into running shitty. and if i just rev it up it pops until about 4500 then feels like its bogging down in higher rpms.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
First thing I'd do is check all the COPs- check for cracks in the connector, the boot, and make sure the wiring is all buttoned up as well.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
unplug the mass air... if you dont notice a differance then there you go.

Mass air cleaner is like 7 bucks... totaly helps go get some.
Get you hands in your engine bay and look for some leaks aswell. Use carb cleaner and spray around....if you find a spot were the engine speeds up or stalls or backfires theres your leak. So just go around slowly and check.

Check and make sure all you spark plug boots are firmly connected. How old are your plugs?

·
Registered
927 Posts
unplug the mass air... if you dont notice a differance then there you go.

Mass air cleaner is like 7 bucks... totaly helps go get some.
Get you hands in your engine bay and look for some leaks aswell. Use carb cleaner and spray around....if you find a spot were the engine speeds up or stalls or backfires theres your leak. So just go around slowly and check.

Check and make sure all you spark plug boots are firmly connected. How old are your plugs?
+1

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i know its not a leak because i had a leak before and it ran shitty all the time. this car will run fine for a week then run crappy the next so i think its computer orientated

·
Registered
978 Posts
good call sharkbait. replace your maf silverbullet and you should be good! ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.