Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got my Air fuel gauge installed and it just affirmated the what i thought...im running rich at WOT. So my next question is once i get my adjustable fuel regulator on how much do i turn it down? im assuming that because im rich i need less fuel...but im not sure as to how much. Do i just play with it until i land in the stoich? I was cheap and bought just a narrow band...so im not sure EXACTLY how rich it is.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,421 Posts
The engine is supposed to run rich at WOT (best power comes with an A/F ratio of about 13:1). If it's the Autometer gauge that you have, 2-3 green LED's into the rich zone at WOT would be OK. If the gauge is going all the way to the right (full rich), you definitely need to lean it out somewhat.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya i have an autometer...it doesnt go all the way rich...but i can still smell it...it might be because i have dumps.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah i knew that would be the case...

·
Resident Headbanger
2,421 Posts
Yeah, a wideband O2 sensor with gauge will give you an accurate picture of the A/F ratio of your engine. The narrow band can put you in the ballpark but you can only guess at the A/F ratio. You definitely need a wideband for proper tuning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts