Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I fixed my dash problem, start switch behind the key. The battery was drained yesterday after turnign it on and off all day. Today I jump it to charge it, and it wont hold a charge at all.

Rich condition:
The car is also running RICH as hell. 11's and 12's at idle which is extrmeley random. This rich condition is with the chip in, the chip out, and the chip out on a spare a9l.

Battery: Even jumped to another car the battery guage in the car isn't up as high as normal.

I accidently crossed terminals yesterday at one point unfortunatly due to a backwards battery, and the starter solenoid (I think) mounted on the firewall between the msd coil, and the battery smoked a little.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Top. Just replaced the alternator with a stocker, and still the same problem. IDk wtf is up with this car. Someone please post up.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
you didnt pull your chip out while the key was in the ignition, right?

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No sir hatch. One condition that comes with this low power is it idles rich as ****! Plus in the car at the moment is an unchipped a9l. It runs rich with or without the chip, and with the spare a9l. I just checked the red fusable link and it has ZERO volts, and the yellow holds 12.24.... I think we can say problem found.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Back to my horrible mechanic skills, the boot needs to be cut and hardwired onto the solenoid... waiting for my spanish fox body buddies to come over later. Time to fap it up I guess?

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
:lmao its ok, my trucks got a 5.0 so gimme your blower

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
head unit, you getting power to that big yellow wire back inthe dash that goes to the radio?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts