Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

So my mods are listed below. I think this all started when I added my new mass air and injectors to my car. Pretty much when I start my car it the morning it sounds nice and crisp and runs fine. Still detonates when i go past like 1/4 throttle but when you drive its fine. Once the car warms up it sounds less "crisp" I dont feel as much power and it detonates alot more.

I am going in for a tune on December 5th. Idk if thats all it needs or if its another issue.

·
Registered
266 Posts
sounds like it need a tune. I wouldn't be beatin on it,too much detonation go BOOM!

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pretty much idle it to work/ school everyday. No music/ windows up so I can listen for it and lay off the gas if it happens... I'm very aware of the consequences of detonation

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would definitely say it is the tune. The computer doesn't know that you have a different maf or bigger injectors unless you tell it with a tune. So it is adding the incorrect amount of fuel for the amount of air. From the sounds of it, it sounds like you are running lean.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I dont have a choice. I need to get to school/work. They arnt options and I dont have a secondary car because Im only 17. Ive been driving slowly and gentally everywere I got. I mean really slowly. But I dont have a choice it has to be driven. I'm broke as it is paying for the tune.

Also its not like its detonating like all through the rpms. Only about 3k-4.5k is were it happens, everything else is fine. I mean its sounds a little rough but not detonation for 0-3k and 4.5k+. Iv only takin it to 4.5k+ once and thats when i found out the problem.

I also wont be driving much for the holiday. So she'll be sitting in the driveway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts