Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into the new Rupes Bigfoot polishers....

The thing that really surprised me is how smooth the polishers seem to operate, i found this video on youtube, you can see the huge offset but the thing seems to be super balanced.

The only downfall is the price tag.....349.99! Jesus! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjyIPoHpmSA

What do you guys think? Seems most of us use a GG DA and it gets the job done pretty well

EDIT: Ive also read reviews on the Rupes vs Flex and Flex vs Griots, i still think the Griots is the way to go simply because the price is SO much better than the others and you can get the same results.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ same thing i was thinkin, they are just too much.

Plus ive seen comparisons against the flex 3401, didnt do as well as the flex.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flex was a DA, flex being direct drive, it corrected more and better in the same amount of time as the Rupes.

Ive thought about getting Flex before but its just not twice as good for twice the price you know? I see so many people using the GG DA, including Phil from DD.

Its said that the flex being direct drive helps the most on the curved parts of panels, and corners, where the GG or PC would bog a bit because of the small contact area. But the GG DA's rotation and oscillation arent locked together which is actually a good thing when it comes to using MF pads, so ive read.

If the flex was like 150-200 id probably be on board, but its just way to much money lol. Vader will probably chime in at this point, he switched to the GG from a Flex so....

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
preaching to the choir on its worth :lol
I know right?

Maybe one day ill just get the New GG.

After i do some more paying clients, then ill retire this one as a back up just in case, lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts