Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting a new daily driver for work to keep miles off my stang. Im selling my old dd because its on its death bed lol. Im picking up a 2002 impala from my cousin. Its in great shape but has some rust on the undercarriage. It's a Pennsylvania car and they salt the roads so its expected. What are some products I can put over some of the rust to stop it and further prevent anymore? I know there is rustollium but I know there is something better and more hardcore than that. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly the answer I was looking for. I couldn't remember what it was called. Reps! Where can I buy it.....local parts store?

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
Anything you put on will slow it down but it will still spread, you should just have the car oil sprayed with a good drip-style spray, like Krown, it will neutralize the rust and stop it frm spreading. Not sure if they even offer that where you ae though, but in Canada it's very common, lol.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks bro.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
I heard por15 works pretty well :dunno
I always felt uneasy about doing anything over the top of rust, not saying it doesn't work, but sanding the cancer off and coating it always seemed like a better option to me.

Just my .02, I have heard nothing but great things about por15

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Im getting a new daily driver for work to keep miles off my stang. Im selling my old dd because its on its death bed lol. Im picking up a 2002 impala from my cousin. Its in great shape but has some rust on the undercarriage. It's a Pennsylvania car and they salt the roads so its expected. What are some products I can put over some of the rust to stop it and further prevent anymore? I know there is rustollium but I know there is something better and more hardcore than that. Thanks!
I just bought a DD to keep the miles off my Mach 1

Its a 1996 corolla with 81k original miles.....from PA....rust everywhere underneathe :facepalm:

That just doesnt happen here, lol. no salt

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol yeah its annoying isnt it lol? My stang is virtually rust free and even though the impala is just my dd it still annoys me that it has rust.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
lol, my mustang IS rust free, but i live here in Ga so not hard to do.

Im not even doing anything to the corolla, just gonna drive it, i dont think the rust on it is gonna "spread" since the environment down here is alot easier on metals. but ill look into it.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your pretty lucky then.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Yea my corolla is very rusty underneath, but im not doing anything about it lol.

If its still together since 96, i dont think its gonna fall apart now.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
POR15 all day

1 - 16 of 16 Posts