Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well unfortunatly my car is sitting outside in the driveway soaking up the weather.... is there anything i can put on my lugnuts to keep them from getting rusty? i still take the car out at least once a week and get it washed but the lugnuts are getting a lil rusty?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Buy new ones and don't get them wet. I don't think anyone has a solution for this.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
i always hit them with a little wd40 when i rotate/take my tires off

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the responses.... for some reason my locknut is the one thats rusting faster...

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
get mothers rim polish, or any good rim polish and polish them up, itll resist water and rust

·
Registered
400 Posts
buy a car cover if you keep it outside all the time and never drive it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well unfortunatly my car is sitting outside in the driveway soaking up the weather.... is there anything i can put on my lugnuts to keep them from getting rusty? i still take the car out at least once a week and get it washed but the lugnuts are getting a lil rusty?
Old remedy I use to use was wax the rimms with turtlewax. Heavy thick coat for the winter or there is a special chemical I forget what its called that like hardens on your rimms and when your ready to take the off you use carosene to take it off. Its in your local autopart store. Thats if your driving it during the winter. If you live in warm weather just use regular wax or mothers Polish.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
there should either be a coating on the lugnuts that are actually be exposed, so they dont rust, or the ones that are just regular wheel nuts, which should be covered anyway, so rust wouldnt matter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts