Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this belongs here but i can't post in the exhaust thread.

My 02 GT has the stock h-pipe and where the flanges are it's completely rusted out! I was wondering if i should buy a new exhaust or just cut out the cancer and weld in a straight pipe to send the fumes thru? Is it safe to do that cuz i got a pile of exhaust cuts from my friends' 01 when we put on his pypes system and i could just use that and save a couple bucks since i'm pretty poor right now:sorry

·
Wished my car was done.
267 Posts
Not sure if this belongs here but i can't post in the exhaust thread.

My 02 GT has the stock h-pipe and where the flanges are it's completely rusted out! I was wondering if i should buy a new exhaust or just cut out the cancer and weld in a straight pipe to send the fumes thru? Is it safe to do that cuz i got a pile of exhaust cuts from my friends' 01 when we put on his pypes system and i could just use that and save a couple bucks since i'm pretty poor right now:sorry
Well i would save up and buy an exhaust system. But thats just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would wait but the pipe is literally rusted all the way thru and i'm getting close to 12mpg right now! I can't save any money because it's costing me out the ass to pay for gas. I know the cut n weld is a temporary fix (soon as tax return is in it's a full pypes system and bbk shortys) but if it won't hurt the car i would like to do it. Also the car is LOUD:eek:!!! Like cutouts at the track loud!

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
you can pick up an o/r h pipe for around $150 or less than that used.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I would wait but the pipe is literally rusted all the way thru and i'm getting close to 12mpg right now! I can't save any money because it's costing me out the ass to pay for gas. I know the cut n weld is a temporary fix (soon as tax return is in it's a full pypes system and bbk shortys) but if it won't hurt the car i would like to do it. Also the car is LOUD:eek:!!! Like cutouts at the track loud!
please dno't buy a pypes catback. Please. It seriously is the worst sounding **** you will ever hear. I would rather have a ****ing fart can then pypes

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i took my stock h pipe off and its sitting in the garage. Never going to use it. It has the cats cut out and pipe in its place. Will bolt right up and make it a lil louder but it sounded good with my stock mufflers. PM me where your from and if you want it perhaps. I can make you a deal. May be costly to ship though.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
please dno't buy a pypes catback. Please. It seriously is the worst sounding **** you will ever hear. I would rather have a ****ing fart can then pypes
haha, i was at a car show like 4 weeks ago and PYPES has a Huge ass SEMI truck that parks and drives around. they come every year. And every time i see that truck i think of you and AJM lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts