Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I know this forum gets at least two of these kinds of threads a week, but I never thought I'd be curious enough to ask myself. What kind of RWHP am I looking at, and what times @ what mph? Am I modded enough to break into the 13s, or is it still out there? The mod list I have is what I have, only I have 315 Sumis out back as well. Anybody? Thanks! :rockon

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, two more things. The altitude will be 5000 ft above sea level, and I have two stickers on my scoop saying "4.6L V8," and I think those add a good 20 hp apiece.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I'd say about 250rwhp or so.

1/4 best at 13.8.

Those sumis really suck bad man! Possibly the worst tire you could get in a 315.

add an o/r midpipe and an alum driveshaft and you're looking at around 265-270rwhp

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
that elevation is going to kill you.

way too many other factors aswell, driver, tires, humidity, temp.

just go to the dyno, and go to the track, why play a guessing game, and possibly be wrong.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
$100 at dyno just to find out your hp... and you will have to go to track multiple times to get your times down to what your car is actually capable of. no one is gonna run their best times first time at track.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts

just go to the dyno, and go to the track, why play a guessing game, and possibly be wrong.
+1
I don't think you're breaking into 13s. I ran at 6000 ft and only could manage a 15.6 (stock). MustangMatt96GT (runs at the same track I do) is doin' some pretty good mods here pretty soon and should be around 300 rwhp (without his nitrous, and that's also a sea level rating). He is hoping to break into the 13s, he also has 4.10s.

Altitude sucks man, my car stock loses 47 BHP from 0 ft to 6000 ft.

If you can get into the 13s good for you man, I know it will be a while before I get there...

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Oh, two more things. The altitude will be 5000 ft above sea level, and I have two stickers on my scoop saying "4.6L V8," and I think those add a good 20 hp apiece.
5000 ft. elevation?? u wont be seeing 13's with your car. and thats only because of your elevation. im gonna guess that u would be running around 14.4-14.2

i say that because my best et is a 13.2 at a 2710 ft. elevation track. with the tracks elevation correction formula, my et converted out to a 12.8. so i would say that u would be able to get a 13.9 at sea level. then u add in your rediculous elevation factor, and thats how im guessing the 14.4-14.2 range.

thats my opinion but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts

no offense, but u seem like a negative kind of guy. im not trying to start **** but whats wrong with someone talking to other car guys and estimating what kind of et's their car will get????

"just go to the dyno"?????? c'mon man, u dont need a dyno sheet to make a good guess on what range your car will run the 1/4 in:p

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
$100 at dyno just to find out your hp... and you will have to go to track multiple times to get your times down to what your car is actually capable of. no one is gonna run their best times first time at track.

you pay one price at the track and thats good all day brother....:cool:

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
no offense, but u seem like a negative kind of guy. im not trying to start **** but whats wrong with someone talking to other car guys and estimating what kind of et's their car will get????

"just go to the dyno"?????? c'mon man, u dont need a dyno sheet to make a good guess on what range your car will run the 1/4 in:p
your right, you dont need a dyno sheet to guess what your car would run in the 1/4, you need to go run it, its the only way to tell. theres way too many factors.

the only point really of somebody having a number range he may run in the 1/4 is to go brag to people, thats the only thing ive seen it used for.

the ONLY way to know what your car will run in the 1/4 is to go run it. way too many factors.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
you pay one price at the track and thats good all day brother....:cool:
yup, and who cares about dyno charts anyway, its just a number to extend you E-Kawk with, and bench race with. my cars street tuned, i have an idea what the HP is, but not exact, and i dont care. all i care is that it performs good.

go to the track pay $20, and run all day. dyno numbers dont matter. i have one of the highest HP cars on this site probably, and i dont give a damn about my numbers.

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,056 Posts
Click my garage link for mods, but I've run 8.7's at Music City Raceway TN and 13.5's at Beech Bend KY. Not sure what sea level they're at.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
hey will i ran 2 cobras that one day at the track dont know what mods they had but one ran a 12.2 and the other a 12.6 and if you run 12.8 i wonder what mods they had on theirs
well i dont exactly know what i would run at sea level. but im sure that elevation correction formula has some accuracy.

that 12.6 cobra might have been stock or lightly modded with a good driver and good tires. im would guess the 12.2 cobra had exhaust, dr's, cai, intake, and maybe a beefed up IRS.

i do remember reading a MMandFF magazine article where the magazine group took a brand new bone stock termi, put good tires on it, removed the front sway bar for better weight transfer on launch, and ran a best of 12.3 on a sticky track at good elevation.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts