Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would an 05 gt put out if you put on headers, x pipe, catback and a twin 62 mm t-body with c&l intake and a good tune???
ballpark guesstimate

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
naw more then that... LT's or Shorty headers though?? LT's make 20 to 25 rwhp, The C&L intake and 93 tune should net about 25rwhp if not more...idk about the throttle body though i would say 45 to 50rwhp if the tune is really good...but like kenneth said 35rwhp should be the least amount you get, but expect more then that.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Skip the TB. Not worht it.

Reactions: 06VistaGT

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have to agree with the previous posts and thing no more than 50 more hp, but at least 35. Also, as mentioned earlier, the throttle body isn't worth it since it will be a hassle for basically no gain on a n/a engine. The stocker isn't too bad.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Steer clear of the TB, get delete plates instead. With those instead of the TB expect at least a 40rwhp gain, and likely more.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
the TB shows NO gains.
Doug himself told me its a pile of ****.

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Check my signature for my dyno stats

·
Registered
283 Posts
skip the throttle body...get U/D pullies instead ~ and u didnt specify if u were getting shorties or long tube but shorties are worthless, go LTs

·
Registered
488 Posts
Shorties are NOT worthless. You will gain approx 20-25 Ft. Lbs of TQ with Shorties and around 15HP I would not call that worthless. There is a huge misconception regarding shorties.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
Shorties are NOT worthless. You will gain approx 20-25 Ft. Lbs of TQ with Shorties and around 15HP I would not call that worthless. There is a huge misconception regarding shorties.
Thats how much LT's get... i'm sure shorties don't get that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts