Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you all,

I wanted to take a minute to let you all know about my new Whipple HO. Install done by RWTD in Mobile Alabama.
First of all I must say in regards to bringing my car 2 states away for a install was a hard decision at first to do, But I was referred over to James at RWTD by a local friend of mine that has used his company on several of his mustangs along with his friends mustangs. and after a couple of conversations with him and picking his brain, I realized he knew way more about these cars and dynoing them then any one else I had come in contact with.

OK, dropped the car off for the install and had the Whipple HO, done with all of it's parts, SOS Pod with Wide Band AF set up gauge and Boost Gauge. Also a Raptor Shift light and Prothane motor mounts Etc....
Install is Spotless and very clean. I did have a major issue with my Spydershaft install that I did concerning the 140 ft pounds of torque suggested in the instructions. I did the install here in La. and the TQ settings of 140 suggested smashed my Pinion Baring and messing up the front rear end seal. James had put the car on the Dyno and the rear end was spraying fluid all over.

So my scenario is this I am thinking at the time this happened,,I am in La. and he is in Alabama. So It isn't like I could just go over and fix it. What am I going to do???

James took my car on a Trailer to a friend's shop and they had to replace the Pinion Baring, and seal. He then got the car back and did the dyno work for me. He went Way out of this basic install that we were set to do and got my car all properly fixed. Even though it was not his fault or problem.
You do not find customer service like that any where these days.
His knowledge simply amazed me and in watching him tune the car and starting with the Whipple Standard tune that achieved 409 RWHP and Made a few more pulls with my SCT2 tuner and tuning the car with his electronics brought the car up to
467.23 RWHP and 450.44 RWTQ The car purrs and Driving it home last night I could not have been happier.

I felt a post is the best way to let you all in our community know of the Quality I received in dealing with RWTD and that I would recommend them to all of you.
If you talk with James, you will find out as I did, He really know his stuff.

Respectfully,
TASSY5
Sean

·
Registered
600 Posts
congrats man! must be a blast to drive..if i didnt live in CT id deffintely give these guys a try..but sad to say im more than just 2 states away =(...anyone know of any reputable tuners in the new england area?

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
congrats on the whipple......lucky. I can't wait to get mine when i come back from my deployment. hopefully i'll save enough for the whipple, install, sos pod, 3 gauges from now til then

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
did you get your whipple through them. if so how much did it cost

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did you get your whipple through them. if so how much did it cost
Yes I did get it from them, but I did other mods also. I spent $9 grand total.Call James, He will be competitive with all the other places selling them.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Yes I did get it from them, but I did other mods also. I spent $9 grand total.Call James, He will be competitive with all the other places selling them.
I looked at their site but the only thing that comes up is a tuner for the 2005+ mustang. Couldn't find the whipple

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Hello to you all,

I wanted to take a minute to let you all know about my new Whipple HO. Install done by RWTD in Mobile Alabama.
First of all I must say in regards to bringing my car 2 states away for a install was a hard decision at first to do, But I was referred over to James at RWTD by a local friend of mine that has used his company on several of his mustangs along with his friends mustangs. and after a couple of conversations with him and picking his brain, I realized he knew way more about these cars and dynoing them then any one else I had come in contact with.

OK, dropped the car off for the install and had the Whipple HO, done with all of it's parts, SOS Pod with Wide Band AF set up gauge and Boost Gauge. Also a Raptor Shift light and Prothane motor mounts Etc....
Install is Spotless and very clean. I did have a major issue with my Spydershaft install that I did concerning the 140 ft pounds of torque suggested in the instructions. I did the install here in La. and the TQ settings of 140 suggested smashed my Pinion Baring and messing up the front rear end seal. James had put the car on the Dyno and the rear end was spraying fluid all over.

So my scenario is this I am thinking at the time this happened,,I am in La. and he is in Alabama. So It isn't like I could just go over and fix it. What am I going to do???

James took my car on a Trailer to a friend's shop and they had to replace the Pinion Baring, and seal. He then got the car back and did the dyno work for me. He went Way out of this basic install that we were set to do and got my car all properly fixed. Even though it was not his fault or problem.
You do not find customer service like that any where these days.
His knowledge simply amazed me and in watching him tune the car and starting with the Whipple Standard tune that achieved 409 RWHP and Made a few more pulls with my SCT2 tuner and tuning the car with his electronics brought the car up to
467.23 RWHP and 450.44 RWTQ The car purrs and Driving it home last night I could not have been happier.

I felt a post is the best way to let you all in our community know of the Quality I received in dealing with RWTD and that I would recommend them to all of you.
If you talk with James, you will find out as I did, He really know his stuff.

Respectfully,
TASSY5
Sean
We rednecks know our V8s.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts