Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been comtemplating what to do.. ive been reading everything everyone has been putting onhere and i rreally appreciate the info/help. i found an eaton m112 and a votrec s/c on here. they were both decent price. i also found a new v6 with tranny and total i thinnk it was like 500 bucks from a salvage yard.. which would be a better route? the s/c with the new motor? or the power pak with a re built block

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Whats wrong with your current block? How many miles? What do you want done to you car?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my car has 191k on it.. so i figure a s/c or turbo is no good for that many miles.. even tho 140k is highway lol.. and im using it as a daily driver... well when there isnt 26"s of snow on the ground like last week.. but i parked it for the winter anyways.. but i just plan on building it up as a toy/ daily/ maybe a show piece

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and i lied for the motor and tranny wwith 76k it was 700 total not 5.. but still 2800 for the motor, tranny, and s/c........ or 2800 for power pak????

·
Registered
304 Posts
i would say power pack first then s/c later...would hate to see you drop in the new motor and run the chance of effin it up...

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
power pack won't make you happy at all....

I don't know how much you trust junk yard blocks, but I'm sure you could have your block rebuilt for around 500$, then do a supercharger on that. Do a compression check and see what condition your motor is in.

·
Registered
118 Posts
if you rebuild your motor, do it right and get forged pistons and rods. esp if you plan on adding boost into the mix down the road. Or you can s/c it, wait till it blows and then build. A powerpak will work, and ull notice the difference. It will also set up the top end for when you add boost. It will breathe a heck of a lot better. It depends on what u want to do now. Do you want 50-60 rwhp now or 120-150 hp now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts