Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
uhh the book doesn't say what it should be, any idea what the correct gap should be? might be why my a/f looks like crap??? (i blame arizona gas)

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
you're s/c you should gap them to at least .035 with plugs that are 2 heat ranges colder or 1 heat range colder at least
in your case i'd say 2 colder

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you're s/c you should gap them to at least .035 with plugs that are 2 heat ranges colder or 1 heat range colder at least
in your case i'd say 2 colder
so ngk is a colder plug or what? thats what came with the kit. maybe they gave me cheap ass plugs i fouled them and bought some more cheap ass plugs. but yeah i gapped them to .035.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a question about the plug gapping. I just got the screamin demon coilpack and some 9mm wires with NGK copper sparkplugs. The question I'm asking is that I know that with this new coilpack I can gap the plugs up to .60 or even .65. Now what I'm asking is, should I do that. I'm still running a n/a 'stang and only mods I have are exhaust with lt's and 73mm maf that I would see affecting anything having to do with sparkplugs (if they do). So just because I can change the plug gap that wide should I. What are the advantages of running a gap that big? Better fuel mileage? Performance?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
I have a question about the plug gapping. I just got the screamin demon coilpack and some 9mm wires with NGK copper sparkplugs. The question I'm asking is that I know that with this new coilpack I can gap the plugs up to .60 or even .65. Now what I'm asking is, should I do that. I'm still running a n/a 'stang and only mods I have are exhaust with lt's and 73mm maf that I would see affecting anything having to do with sparkplugs (if they do). So just because I can change the plug gap that wide should I. What are the advantages of running a gap that big? Better fuel mileage? Performance?
You can run .65 will it help anything? Maybe smoother accel/idle if that. If you have a 73mm maf you probably need a mail order tune at the last.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
so ngk is a colder plug or what? thats what came with the kit. maybe they gave me cheap ass plugs i fouled them and bought some more cheap ass plugs. but yeah i gapped them to .035.
go to advanced auto parts ask for either Autolite copper part # 103
or NGK tr-6 plugs. i believe that number is 4766 but im not 100%
those are 2 steps colder

754 autolite is 1 heat range colder

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
the gap on the spark plug from the prong to the copper, or platinum w/e you use
stock or bolt on cars should be .054!
my ford manual calls for .052, but .052-.054 is okay...

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
this is straight from alldata:

NOTE: Apply Silicone Brake Caliper Grease and Dielectric Compound D7AZ-19A331-A or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESE-M1C171-A to the inside of the spark plug wire boots.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
this is straight from alldata:

NOTE: Apply Silicone Brake Caliper Grease and Dielectric Compound D7AZ-19A331-A or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESE-M1C171-A to the inside of the spark plug wire boots.

that source has .052-.056 as gapping... sounds fine in that range for stock gap specs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts