Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cars got 86k on it which isnt bad for a 2000, but im concerned it may be too high to put on a s/c. Would it be safe to s/c, or should I do a SSMS power pak along with forged internals?

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
if properly taken care of and maintained you will be fine with something like the vmp 9psi procharger kit

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was gonna go with the 9psi vortech kit....and yes the car gets very well maintaned. The only problem my car has had was a bad smog pump...which was of an annoyance to fix. Other than that, just routine stuff.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
then no worries

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
i have 123K miles on my car. Should i get forged internals or get a new engine with forged internals?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
for both of you i viote stage 3 pp w/ a forged long rod 4.3 stroker kit from ssms

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
9psi vortech will be fine
i'd personally do a split port swap

hey why would you mod a V6 when the GT is just so much easier and just better and like everything you'd ever want:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
DO IT!! lol, hell if i had the cash, id swap my engine out for just a 2v

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
well if i had the money to do that i would, to bad im broke :(

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i just dont want another loan payment now that i have no debt besides student loans.....more money to just dump into my hobby :)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i dont have any student loans YET, i took this semester off to work full time than im going to ITT in the fall :)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
its all according to plan so far!! *evil laugh*

1 - 20 of 22 Posts