Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. flywheel bolts are 65 ft/lbs and it wouldnt hurt to put some BLUE lock-tite on em right?
2. is there any special orientation to a stock flywheel in relation to the crank other than jus put the 6 bolts in it?
3. any specific torque for clutch bolts or jus crank em down as tight as I can get em? blue lock-tite?

thanks alot guys! :D

btw; the only reason I need answers by 5 is because im puttin it all back together after dinner lol

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
You oughta use gorilla glue instead of lock tite. gorilla tape may even be better! ;)

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hell I'll jus skip the bolts all together...glue the flywheel to the crank then tape the clutch on...good for at least 500 ft/lb haha

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Blue wont hurt, good safety, and whenever you tighten something down you always try to tighten it even, atleast i do, so just do them like your tighting a wheel

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what the plan was...Im anal about evenly tightening lol question #2 is still one of my main concerns....

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
no is the answer to number 2.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
a question i have, can i just buy stock TTY bolts for a motor build from Ford Dealership? (not rod bolts)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Tq the clutch pressure plate down to 23-25 ft lbs, or per the manufacture and as said before, I like to do it evenly also.

BTW New guy here <-------- Great forum you have!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts