Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
addict
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for a not-so-common rim choice for newly acquired
06 GT. I really like the enkei rp03!

Downside is, the only offset for an enkei rp03 18x10 seems to be +15 and +22!

Any odds of an 18x10 +22 fitting our rears ?

Or am I stuck running an 18x9.5 +38 all the way around!(opinions?)

·
Make Me Squirt
2,455 Posts
Spacers. I wouldn't run anything less than +30 I don't think just because it would look funny. OEM wheels are +36 and they're tucked under the fenders pretty good and the brake clearance is probably less than half an inch. At that offset I think you'd have to consider brake clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
I feel pretty stupid now. I was under the impression the lower the offset the farther it would stick out !
No you are right. Offset is the distance between the wheel center line and the hub of the wheels where they contact the spindle on the car. Low offset numbers mean the wheel hub is closer to the centerline of the wheel's width which pushes the wheel out Higher offset wheels are tucked in more.

·
Make Me Squirt
2,455 Posts
I'm an idiot and thinking backwards... Or not at all. I don't know. I was done with work for this week at 2pm today. Brain is officially off (like I had to say that). Derp.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I always go full retard when trying to figure out offset. But as for the wheels, rpf1's or bust. I've never seen them look bad on any car. And they're light as hell too.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Pics! congrats on the new ride. If they're a little too wide, would rolling the fenders work?

·
Registered
224 Posts

Lied, here's a better picture. I think if I saw them enough they'd grow on me. I always have a hard time getting used to wheels that aren't normal to see on our cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts