Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Endangered Species
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, I have a very simple and precise question, Do any of you happen to have the diameter of the body hole where the remote shifter for the TR-3650 comes through? I would really appreciate that measurement, also there is a rubber dust boot IIRC that pops into it, If someone could get me the part number off of it, if there is one that would also be fantastic. I'm trying to reengineer my shifter hole on my cougar so it's a little more "plug and play" and less of a permanent piece, yet enough to keep exhaust/dust/noise out of the cabin area.

Thanks guys! Reps to anyone who puts in some useful .02!

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
Its oval shaped. Would you want length (long part) or width (short part) or both? I'll measure after work if nobody else does.

·
Endangered Species
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its oval shaped. Would you want length (long part) or width (short part) or both? I'll measure after work if nobody else does.
Both please! It's oval huh? I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the MGW install video...derp. I would greatly appreciate it,

THE BAD NEWS: Found out I can get the shifter boot from ford...as long as I pay $200+ for a whole new shifter assembly, apparently it's apart of the kit from ford only. Anyone have an extra laying around I can buy?

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
It appears to be round, not oval. And I measured about 5 1/4 inches. Mind you, that's through the console, so its not perfect. Didn't want to take the car apart in the rain...

·
Endangered Species
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It appears to be round, not oval. And I measured about 5 1/4 inches. Mind you, that's through the console, so its not perfect. Didn't want to take the car apart in the rain...
Hey man I appreciate it! Reps given, any chance you could shoot a picture of the area when possible? If it's all buttoned back up no worries, don't blame you on the rain thing! Thanks bud!

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
I already put it back together. The mgw install vid should have a shot of it, though.

·
Endangered Species
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys, I'm still looking for a lower dust boot, if anyone out there has one, or knows someone who has one, PLEASE PM me immediately, thanks! :)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Got a couple of those. PM sent

·
Endangered Species
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hoooooly thread revival, thanks to someone here I was able to finally get a lower shift boot, is there anyone out there who would be able to trace their transmission tunnel cutout for the boot onto a 8.5x11 sheet of paper and scan it into a PDF for me, I was able to measure out the dimensions, but it's hard to get the contours of the hole cut out.

This way I can print out the template, trace it out onto the sheet metal and make the cut. Thanks! Reps to all who help again :)

That hole is what I need a 1:1 trace of.

·
Endangered Species
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No worries gentlemen, I appreciate the effort. I'm sure someone here has an s197, 2nd grade tracing skills, and an all-in-one printer lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts