Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I say S197 because I can't find anywhere that specifically has stereos that I can see are compatible with the S197 options already in the stock stereo. I don't want to lose all the functionality by getting one of those fancy touch screen nav units with the cool video/sound input and everything.

If anyone knows of an awesome stereo in particular or somewhere that has lots to choose from I would love to hear! Thank You in advance!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you looking for that your stock stereo doesn't do? and why?
mainly tired of my gps in the window and would like to have a nav unit and touch screen would be 800x easier to deal with than hitting menu until I find what I want. Also if I could find one with a decent enough display I think it'd be a blast to hook up my 360/ps3. Saw an article awhile back about a guy that deleted his cup holders to make them into a switch panel for front and rear cameras and a 360 feed. I really don't expect to do anything fancy but just a better stereo would make my day. I think the one in there looks like garbage in my opinion and Ford failed when they put it in there in the first place

·
Registered
431 Posts
Pioneer AVIC series headunits are great in our cars! I have the F700BT which is an older unit, but has the compabilities of quite a bit. As far as losing functionality of the factory unit, don't worry about it. Most all nav units today run on a Windows CE command base and can be modified to do just about anything. Pioneer has a discussion forum with all the hacks, tricks, and faq's to customize this series to do just about anything you want. The best part is that so many mustang owners use these headunits, that the forum practically caters to all our needs.

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
That, I did not know. Thanks for the tip, Mal! :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pioneer AVIC series headunits are great in our cars! I have the F700BT which is an older unit, but has the compabilities of quite a bit. As far as losing functionality of the factory unit, don't worry about it. Most all nav units today run on a Windows CE command base and can be modified to do just about anything. Pioneer has a discussion forum with all the hacks, tricks, and faq's to customize this series to do just about anything you want. The best part is that so many mustang owners use these headunits, that the forum practically caters to all our needs.
you rock this is exactly what I needed to know! If anyone wants to comment on which model they use for their 05+ GT's I'd love to know.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
iPad. that will be my next mod after my turbo. The guy that was here about his install, is starting to sell kits that he put together to make it work. Holla!

·
Registered
431 Posts
The Ipad setup is a neat idea. but truthfully you will tire of it soon. If a bigger screen is what you want, then yeah it's cool, but for functionality you are losing quite a bit installing in the car. More importantly, the cost just isn't effective. I did this install in a friends Mustang for show purposes, let's just say he is far from being unique anymore.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD is what I have.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
if you like the carbon fiber and you want to have the show winning look there is a place you can send your actual parts into that will wrap them in actual cf and send them back. no 2 sided tape on those and it will be wrapped on all viewable sides. obviously wouldn't be worth wrapping the underside of the center console for example. i believe erin (emay) has done this, but i can't remember for certain

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ooooh that'd be awesome. I don't really know what I would want done but that carbon overlay looks very nice... and i bet 800x easier to clean off with a wipe..

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i correct myself. it isn't actual cf being put on, my bad. look at the website and see what/how it's done

1 - 20 of 32 Posts