Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my auto tranny finally decided I beat on it too much and let go...decided it didn't wanna shift between 2-3 anymore.

So now I wait for the shop to rebuild it. They didn't know how to J-Mod it either when I asked....

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
what shop you go to? the j-mod is just a factory shift kit. they will probably be more familiar with something like a transgo kit instead where there are different choices for the trans and can set it up to spec.

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just a small town transmission shop across the street, lol...i hate taking it all the way downtown to the dealer to get worked on, they take forever. But yeah the guy said he knew about kitting it i just was gonna go with the j-mod since thats what everyones been telling me to do so far, aside from gears and the pi swap.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
^ not really. the j-mod is just fine and is doingit right. there is better out there, but nothing wrong with the j-mod. if there was, ford would not of went to it in the later model transmissions.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
^ not really. the j-mod is just fine and is doingit right. there is better out there, but nothing wrong with the j-mod. if there was, ford would not of went to it in the later model transmissions.
Yea but IMO its not enough, and not really worth the time to do it.

If your already there why not spend the $100 and put a nice kit in...

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
not enough for some, but just fine for most. depends on who you are and what you want, only that will decide on if its enough or not. most people want to jump to a kit without doing any tuning thru the ecu, there is a lot to be had in the tuning of the auto's as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts