Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exactly what the title says. would it be safe to run 100shot of nitrous and Drag radials? Thanks

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
all day long, I ran my car for about a year and 25-30 15lb. bottles. never had any issues.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Only with a cam spray mod.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i really dont want to launch with the nitrous, but i installed a window switch and the POS wouldnt work properly. It would allow the nitrous to come in any gear and any RPM at 1/4 of a throttle or more. It pissed me off. But im running a zex system

·
Registered
930 Posts
for a zex kit your good for the 125 shot, they rate their hp at the flywheel. You should put around a 100 at the wheels.

·
Registered
930 Posts
and remember its the tq you got to watch, I would stay at the 125 and no higher. Also what plugs are you runing.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Exactly what the title says. would it be safe to run 100shot of nitrous and Drag radials? Thanks
Only if you run Vossen wheels. You know, for hottness. 'Cuz they are the hottest.
:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Only if you run Vossen wheels. You know, for hottness. 'Cuz they are the hottest.
:shiftyeyes
Hahaha nah running the stock 18s which aren't bad but aren't that hot

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and remember its the tq you got to watch, I would stay at the 125 and no higher. Also what plugs are you runing.
I'm just Running a 100 shot. Not even a 125 haha. But I'm running stock plugs but backing the timing down 2 degrees when I run. Loss alittle power but I like being safe haha

·
Registered
930 Posts
I'm just Running a 100 shot. Not even a 125 haha. But I'm running stock plugs but backing the timing down 2 degrees when I run. Loss alittle power but I like being safe haha
Get a non platinum plug 2 degrees colder and a proper tune or your gona be rebuilding the engine.
If you dont, then please dont blame the nitrous when your on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck.
Lets see... A tune for cams which will add timing
Stock platinum plugs with stock gap
No window switch
No fuel preasure safty switch
Not trying to be a douch, Im just giving you a few things to think about when runing nitrous safely.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Get a non platinum plug 2 degrees colder and a proper tune or your gona be rebuilding the engine.
If you dont, then please dont blame the nitrous when your on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck.
Lets see... A tune for cams which will add timing
Stock platinum plugs with stock gap
No window switch
No fuel preasure safty switch
Not trying to be a douch, Im just giving you a few things to think about when runing nitrous safely.
I know your not haha. But i already have a tune for the nitrous which backs the timing off "use it every time i run the nitrous". I tried the window switch thing and the pos wouldnt work as stated. But i dont have a fuel pressure safety switch and need to get plugs. Ive ran nitrous on other cars and had no problem without anything except ive changed plugs. But i feel if i dont watch i will have problems with the DR's and nitrous. Thats why ive never used both at the same time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts