Modded Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mustang drivers door on my car acts like the door pins are worn out, because the door sags when i open it. Can you just replace the pins and bushings on it or do i have to by the whole hinge? Its on a 2000 gt btw

·
Registered
13 Posts
mine does the same thing honestly, lol.

i seem to have heard theres a bushing on the pins that wears out over time so I would just go with the pins. it takes a lot to have to replace the whole hinge

·
Registered
240 Posts
The mustang drivers door on my car acts like the door pins are worn out, because the door sags when i open it. Can you just replace the pins and bushings on it or do i have to by the whole hinge? Its on a 2000 gt btw
I'm at work right now...by my listing, they don't show a repair kit or seperate parts for the hinge. Chances are your near by dealer is gonna sell you the whole lower hinge.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
You will need the whole hinge. They dont sell just pin and bushing kits for the newer vehicles. You might be able to find some that fit but i would just do a whole hinge

·
Registered
240 Posts
I can get em both for $74 for you if you want me to order them...just pm me.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Youll need a new lower hinge. As far as I know they dont sell the pin/bushing repair kits for these things.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
HAHAHAHA we get this problem all the time at work and i also fixed 93hatchs 2003 mach1 because his passenger side door sagged. when you go to open it you have to give it that extra pull to get it open? they way we do it at work it check to see if the hindge is hitting the top or bottom get a towl and pull up hard if its sagging to low or roll down your window and put all your weight on the very end of the door easy fix and no money needed

·
Registered
17 Posts
My '04 Mach 1 does the same thing, and it only has 32,000 miles on it. It's a sad deal if you ask me. My '98 GT that had 170k on it didn't have this problem.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
HAHAHAHA we get this problem all the time at work and i also fixed 93hatchs 2003 mach1 because his passenger side door sagged. when you go to open it you have to give it that extra pull to get it open? they way we do it at work it check to see if the hindge is hitting the top or bottom get a towl and pull up hard if its sagging to low or roll down your window and put all your weight on the very end of the door easy fix and no money needed
It kinda scares me that dealerships just crank on the doors to fix them when they are sagging. The chevy dealership was prying up on the door with a 2x4 when he saw them and told them to knock that **** off.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
speaks da truff. My pass door stuck bad and this queer scared the **** out of me but completely fixed it

·
Registered
978 Posts
man i would be pissed if i saw someone doing that to my ride, but wouldnt that stress the hinges and possibly make it worse later down the road???

·
Registered
978 Posts
WOW!! lets just lean/pull on this door till we think it sits right!! doesnt seem like thats the kinda **** i wanna know about my dealership if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Pretty typical of alot of dealerships though.

You sure its the door and not the chassis bent?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Anyone know where to get these hinge sets yet? My driver door sags and is rubbing paint off the side skirt. Gotta slam it to shut it. And how the hell do you push down on it and it "fix" a "sagging" door? Would make it sag more wouldn't it

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Ford or ebay.

Only one way to solve it in a ghetto way w/o ****ing something up. Steck makes a tool that will hook into your latch, catch on the striker and you can bend/lift up on the door with it. Its only a temp. fix though.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Anyone know where to get these hinge sets yet? My driver door sags and is rubbing paint off the side skirt. Gotta slam it to shut it. And how the hell do you push down on it and it "fix" a "sagging" door? Would make it sag more wouldn't it
The 94-98 only need the pins and bushings. I got mine replaced when the shop put in my posi and gears, and he said it was a PIA. Didnt need to replace the whole hinge. I think Late Model Resto sells the pin and bushing kit for the SN95. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.