Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My good buddy has a 01 saleen, badass car set up for road racing super charged, he rebuilt the motor something happen and it seized now he is selling it for 13G. I am a foxbody guy, would it be worth it to buy this car? thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ive had 2 Saleens before my Cobra and when I did have them had full bolt ons never could get past flat 13s they were verts and didnt have headers. Handling was not very good. Looks were prety sick at the time but I have to say its very overated. You might as well find a 03 Cobra for that price. Cobra handles better Has 32 4v which you just cant comepte with compared to the Saleen look cleaner has better interior.
Really depends on what you want. You want something that people just say uh ah and you wont be able to go faster than probably high 11s with unless spray or go crazy with boost and risk your motor. Or getting Cobra which will laugh at boost and be happy with spray.

·
Registered
649 Posts
id pay 11k maybe, whats a bottom end swap? not too bad.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Personally I would not pay 13G's for it. 10 would be a good negotiating point for me. You could either rebuild with a short block or 4v swap.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
Ive had 2 Saleens before my Cobra and when I did have them had full bolt ons never could get past flat 13s they were verts and didnt have headers. Handling was not very good. Looks were prety sick at the time but I have to say its very overated. You might as well find a 03 Cobra for that price. Cobra handles better Has 32 4v which you just cant comepte with compared to the Saleen look cleaner has better interior.
Really depends on what you want. You want something that people just say uh ah and you wont be able to go faster than probably high 11s with unless spray or go crazy with boost and risk your motor. Or getting Cobra which will laugh at boost and be happy with spray.
I think it might be a Cobra with the Saleen package. Well at least I hope it is.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Damn cricket. I think you are right. I would start negotiations on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts