Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a saleen hood, I believe it was an s281, and I believe the vents on the front are functional. I want to know if they are functional what should I do to stop rain, mud, and junk from getting onto my engine and messing up the works? And if its not functional what can I put in the vents so that rain, mud, and junk doesn't get in the engine?

P.S. I'm new to the site but have read many posts. My mustang is a 97 gt with stock everything except the new hood.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i dont understand? if its not functional then it probably dosent have any holes. if its functional put some tight mesh in there.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where can i get tight mesh?

·
Registered
306 Posts
just do a little research and see what ford does.. most likely their not functional most hoods tell you if the hood is recommended for ram air etc. And if the holes ARE cut open just go mess around at home depo and look around.

·
Registered
600 Posts
if its a saleen its a heat extracter hood, mesh will keep debris and **** out of it but water could become a problem if they get under your plug wires and into the holes

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the Saleen heat extractor hood.

As it's been pointed out, it should come with the vent screen. I do know some other makers ship hoods without the screen. As to how to get them ..... call. You shouldn't have two gaping holes in those slots.:no

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea they didnt send me any vent screens they didnt send anything but the hood. I called them up a few days ago and asked em if they had anything to fill in the holes.....they said i should use panty hoes............

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i bought it from saleen....for $900. Not to mention the poor custom er service all throughout the process of obtaining my hood. And then they suggest pantyhoes. and no im not going to use pantyhoes

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wow ... LOL, it would be real funny if it wasn't so sad.
:(

Wish I knew a work around, maybe call another manf. and see if they would part with a pair???

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
I have the Saleen heat extractor hood.

As it's been pointed out, it should come with the vent screen. I do know some other makers ship hoods without the screen. As to how to get them ..... call. You shouldn't have two gaping holes in those slots.:no
nice BatMobile dude

1 - 12 of 12 Posts