Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4POINT6
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth it to buy a full kit besides fuel pump for $1600 shipped? I would like to know the max power potential from them. I'd really love a twin screw that will get me around 385whp for about $1500.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
There are better ways to get to 385 for relatively little money. I think you'd be better off with a used centri.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Despite being very unique and sweet to own.. a series 4 blower would be more beneficial.. but even then I wouldn't be too keen on the idea since parts for those are hard to come by :( go find yourself an old v1 setup

·
4POINT6
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much power will it produce? The guy seing it says he had it running at 8lbs which was just about 400whp. I've never heard of anyone getting that much power from a series 1

·
4POINT6
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am NOT building my engine so I just need to know what they max out at. Stock Saleens had like 315whp and that was a conservative tune and I could get a smaller pulley for most boost. I do realize that a centri might be better if I were to want more power eventually but I just want about 350whp or a little more and twin screws make the engine bay look amazing and they are a reliable blower. Just wondering if anyone has made a good amount of power with one

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I honestly wouldnt waste my money on a series 1 saleen blower. To make decent (more then 350rwhp) youll need to throw some boost at it, and I wouldnt go much past 11psi on stock internals. There not an efficient blower at all, and the key to keeping your motor alive is having an efficient setup

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
They don't make Saleen blowers for our cars anymore. Parts are very hard to find. What are you going to do if it breaks? It won't make a good paper weight its too big. I suppose you could use it as a boat anchor.

·
4POINT6
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay okay i got it haha. Buying a procharger p1 kit with everything and 3 gauges including a wideband for $1500. Better?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts