Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy put a supercharger on his 01 Saleen and he gave me the chrome strut brace that came on the car, I don't think the charger would clear it. Will this fit my 03 GT without drilling new holes or will it bolt right up? He seems to believe we have to drill new holes, I haven't got the thing yet, but I can whenever I am ready. Any help would be nice, thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You will need to drill holes. The body style is the same, but the GT doesn't come with one stock. So you will need to drill new holes.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and the bolt holes are pretty big on the brace, so i'll have to pick up some bolts for it. Anyone ever done this? I figure it's better than buying a BBK one when I got this 1 you know.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I have swapped mine, but mine came with one. The new one required some drilling tho. An aftermarket will be stiffer but the saleen one will be much better than nothing. Its a fairly simple install. Look at the instructions from Maximum Motorsports for tips.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
yes like the others said.. you will indeed have to drill.

I forget the size of the bolts .. they are at least 17mm

you should have three on each strut tower and you will also need to drill a few into/near your firewall.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well when i drill into the strut area is there anything i need to 'look out' for? i dont wanna drill into nothing you know, and the same with the firewall. any tips?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts