Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan on putting this supercharger on in the next month or so, and need advise. I need to know if I need the charge motion delete plates or can I leave that alone? The car is a weekend cruiser that will never see the track. Also need to know if I unbolt my fake hood scoop will I be able to use my hood or do I need another hood also? :confused:

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
you don't need them if going with the super shaker. The supercharger will replace your stock intake manifold.

·
Registered
177 Posts
You will not need the charge motion delete plates.
They are removed for the installation.
As for the hole in the hood, I can't help you there.
Actually I can measure the distance from the back of the hood and the length and width of the trim piece.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys. Hamish, how do you like the supercharger? Did you do the 475 or 550 kit?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could have sworn I saw four nuts under the hood, right where it was at, I will have to take a better look.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Super Shaker will require a new hood...the CDC website and paperwork indicate that the back three holes are not covered by the trim ring, and the Super Shaker fits in the same spot. I just had mine installed by the Tasca Ford Mod Shop, and I think it looks great and performs well without any other mods!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unklbuck62, could you post a pic of your hood with the shaker, looks like it looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I love the supershaker.
It just looks so good.
If you have aspirations of 600+rwhp you should look to a different blower.
I have the supershaker pulley = 3.67" (I think)
I make 7.5lbs of boost max.
It does make an uncomortable rock tumbling noise at idle though.
Nothing to be concerned with I was told.
I don't think I'll be maxing out this blowers potential though as it is essentially a street car.
I would go as far as the 3.4" pulley with the stock bottom end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts