seems so light for that saleen.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
it almost seemed that the driver was biased toward the Roush, IMO

·
Registered
318 Posts
i didnt think he was biased i just think the roush was better.
nice video thanx for posting it

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
The 20s on the Saleen hurt the performance alot, and the Saleen is available with 3.73s. It seems he was a tad biased but I would still take home the Saleen because I think it looks better and the blower has far more capability.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Nice vid, I personally like the look of the Roush better, but the Saleen does have a better blower. Suprised they didn't do a 1/4 test.

·
Registered
818 Posts
You guys think that weight on the saleen is right? If so, I need to put my car on a saleen diet. Also, I was kinda suprised to hear that the saleen was bested in the 0-100-0. Nice video, though

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I think the video was a sound one, it just wasn't an entirely fair race considering they were both from the floor room. I don't doubt the Roush would win that race most times. But with the weight of that saleen, the gears it has, and the tires it had on it...no doubt it would have whooped up with some minor alterations.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You guys think that weight on the saleen is right? If so, I need to put my car on a saleen diet. Also, I was kinda suprised to hear that the saleen was bested in the 0-100-0. Nice video, though
i dont think its right because the saleen site states that the car is 3550 lbs. then again the site is wrong, maybe they somehow weigh less?

just wondering would one say that the roush suspension package is better than saleen? steeda? im thinking about investing in a suspension package soon just dont know which one and roush did just release their trak pack package. tempting. . .

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
The 20s on the Saleen hurt the performance alot, and the Saleen is available with 3.73s. It seems he was a tad biased but I would still take home the Saleen because I think it looks better and the blower has far more capability.
:yes

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really think this is a tricky debate, i mean even if you put a saleen extreme against a p51 theres still quite a difference in horsepower, the video where a r3 raced a gt500kr tells alot too, on a straight away the 500 easily takes the r3 but on the track the roush 3 suspension beat it hands down, i mean you can drop 650, or whatever in your car but it depends on what your planning on doing with it... like the electric eleanor ronaele, 2000 at wheels is their claim...thats awesome in a drag type scenario, but slam that kinda power into a tight turn and well... I do however find this video a tad bias even owning a roush it seemed a bit tilted... I do think its endlessly amusing that alot of saleen guys continue to say you can get more hp in a saleen. and again to my point, what exactly are you doing with the car...I can hit a clover off the highway at 100 and not get worried, it sticks to the road with no tilt on the car no problem..I do it almost everyday on the way to work... can I kill a saleen extreme, wouldnt bother,

·
Registered
202 Posts
i dont think its right because the saleen site states that the car is 3550 lbs. then again the site is wrong, maybe they somehow weigh less?

just wondering would one say that the roush suspension package is better than saleen? steeda? im thinking about investing in a suspension package soon just dont know which one and roush did just release their trak pack package. tempting. . .
It may carry some weight that the "in general" attitude of the UK Press to American cars not being up to much was reversed in EVO's Performance car Of The Year in 2005 (which the Ford GT went on to win). In their first leg test, the Roush Mustang came 3rd behind the "legendary" Renault Clio Cup 182 and the BMW M3CS but above the 350Z - almost unheard of. The Corvette C6 came last.

Top Gear also loved the Roush Mustang even though they were very lukewarm towards the GT500.

I have Roush springs over Tokico D-Specs and think the handling is excellent without sacrificing ride quality.

I've always been a bit of a Saleen fan and haven't really warmed to the Roush boy-racer look but after that video, I think I'd be plumping for the Roush. Sure, people can talk up how the Saleen can be made faster but it's $10k more expensive before you even start.

·
Registered
222 Posts
This is a debate that I've seen over and over again. I will say this, from my own personal experience, I've driven both the Saleen Extreme and the Roush Stage 3. The Saleen does have more power but man you can't keep it between the ditches (my own experience).

The Roush suspension is hands down in my experience but the Saleen does have more power potential. The only issue I have with the Saleens is that our local dealer is a Saleen dealer and a friend of mine is the head mechanic. They have Saleens in there constantly for issues. Not mechanical issues, but mostly things like the center S badge o the steering wheel falling off, or the front fascia getting loose and rattling during driving, just things that seem to make me a little weary about the quality they put into their cars.

Like I said, my experience is that their power is amazing, but hard to control. The suspension and quality of installed cosmetic parts is better on the Roush. Now if you put the Roush quality with the Saleen power.....:eek:

·
Registered
543 Posts
I say **** getting people to do their **** to your cars and just buy a GT and make it a (insert name here) mustang. I refer to mine as The Colinstang

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
I say **** getting people to do their **** to your cars and just buy a GT and make it a (insert name here) mustang. I refer to mine as The Colinstang

Amen brother! for less then 52,000 or 60,000 I could make my gt better than either one of them.

Paying for names. Hell if i wanted to pay for a name i get the shelby gt, tweak it myself and have a name on my car that is worth something.

****ing jack roush, he needs to learn how to win some races in nascar.

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
So which is quicker in the standing 1/4 mile? If it's the Roush than I have to give a big thumbs down to the Saleen. I had an opportunity to race a 427R and was not impressed, and if the Saleen is even weaker than that's just sickly for a car of that price and prestige.

Plus, I think the 427R looks better. Those 20's killed the Saleen on the braking.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts