Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys first off let me say that im sorry for "spamming" cam questions

im really trying to learn stuff about cams and which one i want for my car

right now im checking out comp cams and SSM and the only cam id buy from SSM is their "lumpy" cam

so i went on comp cams and found this one it seems to be the only max cam for n/a app...meaning not a s/c tubo, or nitrous cam

heres the link

COMP Cams: Xtreme Energy™, 273HR112 <BR> Max Strip & Street, Requires Spring

now the specs for SSM lumpy cam are 218/226 .5/.5 lsa 108

now these two cams appear to have the same lsa which i assume means lobe separation angle or something

but on the comp cams cam there are two different sets up duration times
218/226 and 273/281...so which one is it or what does it all mean and if there not the same which ones better or can some one point me in the right direction for something like this thank you

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
One number is advertised duration, and one number is duration at .050 lift

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One number is advertised duration, and one number is duration at .050 lift
lol esg i appreciate the help but ur speaking to me...im an idiot please dumb it down lol and give me the pros and cons of both and which on is better..."better"

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AndThxs esg ill read in a little lol and jt I mean I don't wanna sound like a noob constantly asking but this is the first time I've gotten this much help with it...so between lsa of 108 and 112 is there a hp/tq diff between the two??

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Lol. I have the cam in my backseat..

rfcsoulja has is. And GreenMustang00 had it..

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
The Lumby one just sounds... Lumby..er..

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I see tht but besides tht they r the same besides lsa and lsa will only effect the "lopping" sound thts it right???....no diff in potential hp/tq

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
The range will be different..

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
as in rpm range? but the over all performance is the same??
If the rpm range is difference, how can over all performance be the same??

Like have a turbo car and a s/c car that both made the exact same HP/TQ sure the peak numbers would be the same but the curves would be completely different.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Best thing to do is find out what you want out of the car, and what parts you will have. And get a cam that will benefit that. ESG can help you if you really can't figure it out..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts