Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last race of the season at Hub is the annual torqueaddicts.net SCSO. This is one of the biggest races of the year at Hub and has a really good turn out, so alot of racing all day long.

I'll be unable to make it this year, but if there are others on the site that want meet up, might be a good place to do it.

If you are interested in a certain class or have a question about the rules, let me know and I can get it to the right people if I can't answer it myself.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm in, been wanting to head up there and run at this track for awhile. What times do you think the True Street class will be running, low-11's??? I think I need to get my nitrous setup sooner than later LOL...

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's currently at low 10's...... but, one of the 5.0's isn't going to be there that runs that quick, and the other just got his nitrous reinstalled today and hasn't TnT'd it yet. So depending on what's allowed in the class, mid 10's is probably going to be the winner this weekend.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It's currently at low 10's...... but, one of the 5.0's isn't going to be there that runs that quick, and the other just got his nitrous reinstalled today and hasn't TnT'd it yet. So depending on what's allowed in the class, mid 10's is probably going to be the winner this weekend.
Seriously??? On torqueaddicts they were saying 11.2 won it last time...or do you mean the fastest group? I'm in the slow group at the moment, unless I can find a decent nitrous kit before Friday.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dunno if you made it out or not NTX, but the winner of TS was the roush 5.0. Seems like it was a pretty good turn out and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I might be going this Friday since there were a few races that didn't happen for w/e reason. Ned to get some TNT on the new setup.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah I didn't get to go, didn't get my nitrous setup in time so I'll be working on it after the winter holidays to get ready for Pony Wars in Valdosta, GA in February. Any idea on what the Roush was running? I know a guy here at my command that has one, curious if it was him or not as I've been trying to get him to run haha.

Two weeks ago on just my tune/axlebacks/17" MT ET Streets I ran a [email protected] in the 1/8 so I'd anticipate running 11.8-12.0 on my stock setup in the quarter. I'm installing LCAs/UCA/relo brackets to help my pitiful 1.93 60' times, so that 7.59 should come down further another tenth or two, maybe more in the quarter. With 75hp shot of nitrous I'd anticipate cutting almost a second off and who knows on a 150 shot, but that means installing and getting tuned first. I might even go ahead and put 4.10 gears in before nitrous and see what happens first.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure what he was running that night, but might be talking to his son tonight when I go to the track. Last time I saw it run was a 10.8, but on roush setup(stock pulley, tune, ect).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Glad to see someone else on here from MS. I stay about an hour north of Jackson looking for some cool mustang owners to hang out with from time to time. We do alot of back road racing up this way if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea there are a few people on here from MS but not too many.
I mainly race at the track but will occasionally run on the street if the opportunity presents itself ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yea there are a few people on here from MS but not too many.
I mainly race at the track but will occasionally run on the street if the opportunity presents itself ;)
I actually prefer the track myself but our local track has been closed for about a year now.
Hopefully it will reopen again this year. I've been wanting to ride down to Byram and check it out.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually prefer the track myself but our local track has been closed for about a year now.
Hopefully it will reopen again this year. I've been wanting to ride down to Byram and check it out.
I wouldn't suggest it. And there are plenty of reasons why:
Not a full 1/8 track and they don't state it(pretty sure the slips say 1/8 too)
Entrance and parking area are horrible
Spectators are 99% of the time(even during the middle of the week) drunk as piss and have no respect for others cars
Helmets are required no matter how fast your car is(I'm all about safety, but an altima isn't really something you should have to wear a helmet in)

Now this is from my experience from a few years ago, it could have changed but I don't know anyone that's willing to go to find out.

The workers there are actually nice and somewhat helpful but other than that, I'd stay away from it. Lena just had their 1/4 track reopened last year and we've been in touch with the owner a decent amount and he has plans for some big(ger) races this year. I highly suggest going there if you get a chance.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry I'm just now seeing this Bwleach. This was actually for last year, and this years race was canceled due to weather. We are having some issues with the track not wanting to make this series happen... Had numerous rain outs all year and never a reschedule, so only 2 races from March to Dec... Kind of sad.
If Hub doesn't try to do it again this year, MMP(Mississippi Motorsports Parkway in Lena, MS) is talking about doing it as well. The rules are located in the link on the first post on Torque Addicts. Here are the rules for both of them(for the most part that is)

True Street:

Full stock interior (no seat deletes)

Stock long block. Stock internals, not just stock displacement. No ported heads. No head swaps between engines. (ie no 5.3 heads on a 5.7 LS1.) Commonly available cast aftermarket intake manifolds allowed. No sheet metal intakes.

Full exhaust with mufflers. Exhaust must exit car a minimum of 12” before the rear axle.

16” and larger wheel, any size drag radials allowed. 15" wheels are limited to a drag radial with a max height of 28"

DOT bias ply tires allowed only on manual transmission equipped vehicles.

Stock type rear suspension

Front wheel drive cars will be allowed to run any size drag radial

1 power adder allowed. Nitrous is limited to one stage.

NO upgraded/aftermarket power adders on vehicles originally equipped with forced induction. Turning up the boost on the stock power adder is allowed. ie pullied Cobra’s are allowed. No whipple/kenne-bell 03-04 Cobra’s, no aftermarket turbo’s on OE turbo cars, etc

Any naturally aspirated combo by use aftermarket cam/cams as it’s one power adder. ie cammed LS-1s are allowed.

no lexan windows (except rear glass on trucks to allow for roll cage)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts