Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Ole Red
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so christmas is right around the corner and I'm wondering what the great people of MM feels I should try to snag for the car. I really need to do some work to my DD, but who cares... So i already have full exhaust headers back. I have cai and tune. I have lowering springs. phb, steeda hd mounts, and koni shocks and struts. So please throw out some ideas that would be great add ons for under $500 a piece.. Thanks :D

·
Registered
354 Posts
did you get a adjustable panhard bar when you lowered it?

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Appearance mods? Or save for a supercharger...lol

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sorry didn't see the PHB in your list. Maybe tell us your goals for what you want to do with your car? If it needs repairs I'd probably say suck it up and get whatever's wrong with it fixed

·
Ole Red
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well my daily driver is an f-150, but i can work on it on the side. But honestly my end goals are just wanting a nice clean ride for the street. I'm probably never going to track it or auto x, but like anybody I wouldn't mind having a street monster. Supercharger is out of the question for awhile, but I have thought about drilled/slotted rotors, high performance brake pads and getting my calipers powdercoated. Or other little stuff like finishing off the suspension with lcas and relos or aftermarket sway bars.

·
Registered
267 Posts
What exhaust system do you have? Just headers or the full system?

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
one side brembo brake :p

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
My boy says that Santa is not coming to our house because he doesn't have a way in, no chimney. Lol. Had to make up a story about how I leave a key for him.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
How about some SHR flush mount louvers, or some Cervini's side scoops? New grill or HID's? Ambient interior lighting or lighted door sills? IDK, just throwing some ideas out for you.

Or some interior trim pieces to spruce up the inside.

Lot's of little things you can do.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sway bars would be a nice step towards getting your suspension upgraded

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Santa just told me I can build another ar-15 so I'm no help I guess. I would go for new wheels though

·
Hardon Enthusiast
2,291 Posts
AM has a strut tower brace on sale for like 85 bucks. couple that with the forum discount and its a pretty good deal. I like they look and gave the wife the old hint hint that its on sale and its a good gift. If your going for under 500 bucks I would do little apperance things like boss said. maybe an LED swap?

·
Ole Red
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I can't do a strut tower bc I have a shaker and boss how would u get/install that ambient light package

·
Hardon Enthusiast
2,291 Posts
find one on craigslist. check and see if you have a plug under your console im not sure what year they came out with the package. it should be just a random plug under the cup holders not doing anything. thats where the switch would plug in. if not they have aftermarket ones out there.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Well I can't do a strut tower bc I have a shaker and boss how would u get/install that ambient light package
I did mine myself. Four 6-LED bars for the footwells and a couple each single LED's for the cup holder and center storage. Since I had the red and blue Ford Racing sill plates I went with the red and blue theme for the lighting. Also replaced the overhead lights with LED bulbs, red and blue of course. Pretty simple to run the wiring and piggy backed it off of the door sill slighting so that it goes on and off with the regular interior lighting.

The red and blue lighting make a really cool purple down the center of the car too. Kinda like a mobile rave thing going on here

·
Registered
514 Posts
Drilled/slotted rotors ... w/some nice pads.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts